This job offer is expired
We are a Software-as-a-Service start-up that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, MADE.com and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 and we have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
About the role
Apps are replacing the mobile web. As the next generation of shoppers go online, they increasingly go mobile, and they favour apps. Nielsen and Flurry both report that 90% of time spent on mobile is spent in apps. Apps are taking over, and it’s happening faster than people thought. The problem today is that apps need a completely different back-end compared to the web. Instead of rendering the HTML on the server and pushing it to a browser, the new generation of REST APIs provide clean and tidy JSON data that's easy to use in apps. Retailers are spending more and more time on their apps, creating tailored content for their loyal customers to get that shopping experience just right.
And this is where you come in. We want to create a powerful and intuitive App Management Dashboard to replace our existing Content Management System. This will be the primary interface our clients will use on a day-to-day basis to configure, customise and manage their apps and its content. We feel this is a key part of our journey to become an enterprise App Commerce SaaS Platform and you will be an integral part of the Product team, driving Poq forward.
What we’re looking for
- Knowledge of Typescript
- Ability converting designs into pixel-perfect UIs working cross-browser (Chrome, IE, Safari etc.)
- Working knowledge of HTML5/CSS3 (inc LESS or SASS)
- Experience using TDD and/or BDD
- Experience using UI Testing Frameworks
- Agile experience
- Love of writing clean, maintainable, easy-to-test code.
- Worked as full stack developer using Restful backend and SPA frontend
- Experience on working in large scale website
- Having worked in a CMS project or good Knowledge of CMSs
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or similar
- Competitive salary.
- Training Budget of £750 per person, per year
- Genderless Parental Leave Policy based on primary care-giving for biological and adopted children
- Bike to work scheme
- Comprehensive Private Medical Cover including optical, dental and mental health
- Flexible working hours
- Selection of breakfast options provided
- Fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week
- We know that sometimes projects and deadlines mean we have to work late, so when that happens, you can order dinner on us and have it delivered to the office.
- Cake Wednesdays!
- Birthday Break - 2 hours back to have a lie in, take a long lunch or leave early on your birthday
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done a Segway tour, BBQs, Junkyard Golf, a Graffiti Workshop and more!)
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram. You can see more about our team here.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and click the 'submit your application' button to apply.
Or go to our website https://poqcommerce.com/careers/ or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GDPR Compliance at Poq
Poq will use the personal data provided by you in your application to contact you regarding matters relevant to the recruitment of this role. We will keep your details in our database; Workable, for a maximum of 12 months after the role closes, for the purpose of contacting you regarding other relevant roles at Poq that may become available. After this time your personal data will be deleted from our database.
Members of the People team and relevant hiring managers and interviewers will have access to your CV during the recruitment process.