Our React Engineers are key to the future of our product development
This job offer is expired
Your role as a React Engineer is important in the future of our product development. You will be able to shape the way we design, build, test and deploy using cutting edge technology.
On a day to day basis, this will mean being part of an engineering team which will:
• launch new financial products
• launch new digital marketing initiatives – promotions
• extend the functionality of our existing web and mobile applications to attract and retain customers
• integrate 3rd party APIs to our products and services
• secure, update and maintain multiple content repositories
• build responsive web pages using frameworks/tools such as Bootstrap, Flow and React
As a React Engineer, your role will be part of a cross-disciplinary feature team in addition to being a highly experienced member of our wider Scottish Widows Engineering team. As part of these teams, you will be expected to demonstrate and apply exemplary software engineering practices and skills, whilst working in a collaborative and agile environment.
The role requires:
• Experience with frameworks such as React, AngularJS or Backbone
• A strong understanding of source code repositories and change management tools (Git, JIRA)
• Previous experience in an enterprise environment with automated build/test/release processes, source code management (Git) and change-management (JIRA)
• Strong knowledge of the entire software development life-cycle from design, build to production
• Excellent team working and communication skills
• Experience in building high-performing and secure front-end code
• Previous experience with large-scale development projects
• Writing modular, well tested front-end applications that remain easy to maintain as the codebase and business continues to scale
• Contribute to setting the strategic direction for how front-end applications are developed within the team
• Ensuring software is built in a way that is consistent with the frameworks, patterns and practices that exist across the wider engineering community
• Understand and apply industry best practices, foster knowledge sharing to provide solutions for complex business problems where no precedent may exist, and ensure implementation of solutions where appropriate
• Mentor and develop junior front-end engineers, providing clear and constructive feedback, whilst creating opportunities for learning and growth
• Creating focus on delivering business value through industry standard engineering methods and principles
• Ensure front-end applications are fast, secure and work across all manner of devices and viewports
If this is you, we’d love to hear from you.
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity.
Together we make it possible.