Senior Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
The mission of this role is to develop and improve M3 USA’s sites and services that help to inform and educate busy physicians, such as MDLinx and Smartest Doc. While maintaining and enhancing as necessary existing systems, play a central role in developing a new version of MDLinx using a modern, OSS-based technology stack using a microservice architecture and actively exploring the use of frameworks and technologies such as Vue.js / React, Docker, GraphQL, Apache Beam / Google Dataflow, etc.
You will apply a practical approach to technology selection and implementation with an eye to making the right tech choices and writing readable, easy-to-adapt code in order to deliver a great experience to physician users and clients, and help enable a rapid, data-driven improvement cycle.
This is an in-office role with a collocated team in Manhattan. Occasional remote work permitted.
- Prototype, design and develop software services for doctors, supporting PC and mobile devices
- Work closely with a cross-functional team including engineers, product and design staff to develop a great user experience and achieve product objectives
- Develop APIs and API clients as necessary to connect frontend and backend services, third-party services, etc.
- Review and help to improve other engineers’ code and application designs
- Understand business objectives and (physician) user needs, and actively work to improve the effectiveness and usability of our products
- Read, understand, and develop new features for existing legacy systems
- Write unit, functional, and end-to-end tests
- Respond to and troubleshoot production issues
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university in computer science or equivalent work experience and foundational knowledge of software engineering required
- At least 3 or more years of work experience, at least some of it in a leading role developing production web applications of significant complexity
- Product-centric mindset and the ability to translate high-level requirements into working software
- Attention to detail, creativity, and logical thinking ability
- Expertise with at least one server-side web framework and programming language (Node.js also acceptable here but broader experience is desirable)
- Ability and desire to quickly pick up new technologies and frameworks
- Solid understanding and knowledge of web protocols and technologies such as HTTP, HTML5, CSS, etc.
- Experience working as part of a team to develop software, preferably using an agile process
- Experience with relational databases and ability to write SQL
- Excellent written communication skills
- Expertise and experience developing mobile applications is desirable
- Experience working with containers (i.e. Docker), infrastructure automation technologies (i.e Ansible/Chef/Puppet), continuous integration and continuous deployment is a plus
- Experience with IaaS platforms such as AWS/Azure/GCP is a plus