This job offer is expired
When someone installs Density in a location, they get access to real time, accurate people count. The experience is magical to a customer, but the process involved in accomplishing it is complex. We are seeking a talented backend engineer to help architect a suite of web-based products for our customers and for ourselves, to transform our data into knowledge.
The software systems that support Density are foundational: our customer facing APIs and applications, the systems that manage and orchestrate our fleet of devices, and the internal tools that keep our organization running smoothly. We put a high value on the infrastructure that supports our systems, and love approaching problems through research, prototyping, and experimentation. We are not afraid to embrace new technologies, but are mindful in what we choose.
As an organization, we understand the importance of design, focusing on fundamental problems, and decentralizing decision making. As an engineering team, we design, build, and test with simplicity and scalability in mind. As individuals, we take ownership in our work and decisions. We’re looking for someone with a deep understanding of the web who shares these ideals.
This position reports to Density's Director of Web & Mobile Applications.
What you'll work on
- Lead backend development on internal and customer facing projects, utilizing Python and Django
- Build APIs and data delivery mechanisms for applications such as web dashboards, alerting & health systems, mobile applications, and third party integrations
- Contribute to frontend application development using ES6, React, and Redux
- React to customer needs and feedback through tight-looped, iterative development
- Contribute to open source initiatives
- Document and teach best practices across our stack
What we're looking for
- 5+ years industry experience building and scaling web applications and APIs
- Deep experience with Python and Django
- Experience with relational & non-relational databases
- An understanding and appreciation for application performance monitoring and profiling tools
- A desire to define, document, and teach web engineering standards
- Strong writing skills, with experience crafting clear and concise documentation
- A motivation for constant learning
Icing on the cake
- A strong appreciation for design
- Experience with building applications using ES6, React, and Redux
- Experience building data-centric applications, including analytics pipelines, report generation systems, and alerting & health systems
- Experience with statistical analysis and trend data modeling
- Experience working with time series databases