As a Front End Developer you’ll work closely with the rest of the web platform team to ensure delivery of scalable, well structured, efficient web applications and components, working on both green-field projects built from the ground up using the latest libraries and best practice as well maintaining and improving existing code.
The web platform team work in collaboration with engineering and operations to maintain and develop Futures core brand websites. Ensuring the sites are fast, at the forefront of technical innovation, are bug free and have great UX.
Key role responsibilities
- Under the supervision of Senior Developers and Tech Leads you will ensure this code is well scoped, monitored, documented, and testable.
- You will also be responsible for tracing bugs across the stack and ensuring that suitable tests are set up to avoid future regressions.
- You will work with the rest of the team to review both your code and other developers before it goes through a final QA process and into production.
- You will be able to communicate effectively with the wider business and be able to critically assess product requirements and solutions.
- Your job will cover both client and server-side code working with datastores and server configuration. You will be keen to keep up to date with the latest approaches to development and be able to argue for appropriate technology to be added to the stack.
- You will participate in regular hack days, using cutting edge tech to prototype innovative approaches to business/technical goals.
Essential skills and experience
- You have Experience of using templating languages (Handlebars etc)
- You have Experience of using JS frameworks (React, Angular etc)
- You understand the importance of caching for high traffic services.
- You have used version control systems, ideally Git.
- You have experience with the Linux environment and provisioning tools like Puppet or Chef.
- You are able to communicate technical information to non-technical people as needed
- You are looking for a challenging role where you will be excited to learn and be passionate about software delivery
- Able to work on a Mac
Desirable skills and experience
- Functional Programming
- Node JS
- OOP PHP
- Static site generators
- Own open sourced code on GitHub (and equivalents) either as a contributor or own projects
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow