Senior front-end developer that wants to make our webshop even better!
As a Senior Front-end Developer you maintain the balance between creativity and functionality for our web shops, and you coach your fellow developers.
What you tell people at partiesIm a Front-end Developer. Front-end. Front of the I build websites.
What you really do
- You improve the user experience of our web shops for millions of potential customers.
- You keep an eye on the current performance of our web shops and analysing how to improve these.
- You work on new functionalities and improvements during biweekly sprints, of course with your team to support you.
- You coach, provide feedback and share your knowledge with your team and other front-enders.
- You stay open-minded while you think about all the technical choices you can make, like our architecture, tools and processes. You don't do things just because they were always done that way but you don't ignore the lessons learned.
How you do it
- You prioritize your own work together with your team and Product Owner.
- You receive immediate feedback from end-users and you will have a lot of opportunities to experiment.
- Youre not afraid to take charge if you think things can be better.
- You use the right tool for the job. Youre directed by your analytical skills and ability to stay objective.
- To measure is to know. Big data and experience are your gurus, your gut feeling isn't.
You will have to check the final PR later, because the day will end with a meeting with a few other enthusiastic developers. You have a great idea for implementing new technology that will reduce time to first byte by 10 to 20%. Showering has never been more useful.
What we're asking
- You love a challenge and you have a way to prove this.
- You understand version control, specifically Git(hub).
- Minimum of six years experience as a Front-end developer, preferably in an agile environment.
- You get the sense and nonsense of ES2017, React, CSS-in-JS and composition.
- Youre proud of what you do and you welcome feedback.
- To you it's not just about tables or divs, but about semantics.
- Your English has the best words.
- You're willing to relocate to Rotterdam, or somewhere close.
What we're offering
- Over 30 training courses at our own Coolblue University.
- Relocation assistance, from A to Z (if you live abroad).
- Dutch language courses. To help you become a Rotterdammert.
- Discount on a new bicycle. Because that's how we roll.
- A 10% discount on all of our products.
- An awesome workplace. With freshly prepared meals, monthly TGIF drinks, epic Coolblue parties, team activities, and an informal, playful office space.
- 25 paid leave days. As long as you'll promise to come back.
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan.
How to apply
Similar job offers in your area
CRotterdam, NetherlandsJune 18
Rotterdam, NetherlandsJune 04
Rotterdam, NetherlandsMay 21
Rotterdam, NetherlandsMay 14
Senior Front-end Developer CoolblueRotterdam, NetherlandsApril 30