← Back to all jobs
This job offer is expired
A team's ability to retain and transfer ideas defines their competitive advantage. Slab is building their long term memory. We reimagined the humble knowledge base from the core user needs to make information sharing within teams fast, intuitive, and empowering. Behind the scenes we geek out over the latest technologies to put a simple and elegant product on the center stage.
We are a small team building software to make the world's workplaces more productive. Our team has domain experience in productivity and collaboration, having founded and sold a YCombinator backed document collaboration company (became Salesforce Notes), shipped products at Airbnb and Dropbox, and maintains one of the most popular open source projects.
Slab has raised a 2.2M seed from NEA, CRV, Matrix Partners and relevant investors who have all started companies themselves.
Technologies We Use
- React + Redux
- GraphQL + Apollo + Absinthe
- Phoenix + Elixir
No one on our current team knew half of these technologies before starting and we do not expect you to either — but you should have the desire and capacity to learn quickly!
Sound like You?
- You have two or more years of professional software engineering.
- You are proficient with a modern web application stack, programming paradigms and design patterns.
- You strive to keep learning, even as the expert in the room.
- You are not satisfied when something works — you want to understand why.
- You communicate and collaborative clearly and empathetically.
- You look beyond individual "fault" and focus on team outcomes and continually contributing.
- You thrive when trusted with transparency and independence.
- You translate company and team objectives into personal impact areas without prescription.
- Previously founded a company
- Work experience at excellent engineering companies
- Open source contributions
- Degree in Computer Science
- A great dropout story
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: $100k - $150k (Geographically adjusted)
Equity: 0.25% - 2%
- Flexible vacation — two weeks required!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- $5k desk setup of your choice
- 7 year option exercise window
You may also like
Software Engineer Wirecutter
Remote Contract React Engineer G2i Inc.
Senior full-stack software engineer - JS + Ruby Sticker Mule