Full Stack Developer, Advertising
This job offer is expired
U.S. News & World Report is looking for a full stack developer to join our growing Advertising Platform team at of one of the globe’s most trusted brands.
For 85 years, U.S. News & World Report has built a strong and profitable business by providing research and ratings that help individuals and families make important life decisions. While the platform has evolved, what hasn’t changed is our commitment to providing our readers with the highest quality products.
This position requires expert knowledge of front-end development as well as comfort working with backend technologies. The successful candidate will become an influential member of a passionate and friendly team that creates web applications that reach millions of visitors monthly.
- Working with advertising operations & salespeople, product teams, graphic artists, and programmers to refine and expand our advertising technology platform.
- Developing web-based applications, components, and visualizations.
- Maintaining and improving custom advertisement integration for Python and Java-based applications.
Required skills and experience for this position:
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- A good eye for layout and typography; you won’t be designing, but you will be tweaking
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strongly preferred but not required:
- Understanding the principles behind online advertising technology
- Experience with Google DFP especially in the development and maintenance of creative templates
- Experience with integrating programmatic ad systems such as OpenX and Rubicon
- Responsive website development experience
- Working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with an advanced front-end framework such as Backbone and React
- Experience using Node and NPM
- Experience with build process automation tools such as Gulp and Webpack
- Experience with client-side benchmarking and performance tuning
- Postgres/MySQL or other open source database experience
- Version control/source control systems such as Git
This is a full-time, regular position. Work will be done onsite at our offices in the Georgetown area of Washington, DC, using state-of-the-art Macintosh desktops with Adobe Creative Suite and your favorite editor. We will also consider candidates to work in our New York office, conveniently located near public transit, in Flatiron. Occasional night and weekend work required.
The USNews.com tech team is a made up of very skilled individuals who are passionate about Web development. Successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a large, public site for a widely known and respected brand. An ideal candidate will be able to contribute immediately and will both learn from us and teach us a few new things.
We are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, and 401(k) plan.