← Back to all jobs
This job offer is expired
- 5+ Years Experience with Front End Application Development
- Duration: Present – December 31, 2018
- Compensation: To be negotiated
- Location: Telecommute, with weekly meetings in the Greater Toronto Area
You must provide your own quiet working space, computer, internet connection, and be reachable by phone during business hours (Mon-Fri 9-5 ET). You will be expected to travel to the Greater Toronto Area for in-person meetings at least once per week and pay for your own travel expenses. You will work with your own tools and are expected to be comfortable with Distributed Version Control.
Technical Requirements – You must have mastery level knowledge of:
- Swift, Objective-C, or mobile cross-platform framework (React Native, NativeScript or other)
- HTML 5
- CSS 2017/LESS/SASS
- Webpack (Front End Bundler)
Key Character Requirements - You must:
- Self-manage: Telecommuting is difficult. If you’ve never done it, think twice before applying.
- Believe that you don’t know everything, be comfortable asking questions, and embrace learning new things as part of your job.
- Use the dialectical method: Present reasoned arguments when making collaborative decisions; when you’re wrong, accept it and be brave enough to admit it; and when you’re right, demonstrate modesty and humility.
- Work well with others to solve problems and value teamwork as beneficial rather than necessary.
- Describe yourself as a determined, committed, consistent, and highly technical problem solver.
- Be articulate, intelligent, respectful, friendly, patient, tolerant, determined, resourceful, logical, and analytical.
Key Accountabilities and Goals - You are expected to:
- Work well independently and as part of a small development team.
- Work closely with our Back End Developer and communicate clearly regarding design decisions.
- Employ programming best practices.
- Work with the development team and our client to create wireframes and workflows.
- Commit all work to the project code base using Mercurial source control management.
- Manage your time to ensure key milestones are delivered on-schedule.
- Perform self directed application design, development, and delivery according to specification.
- Create appropriate technical documentation for your code.
- Do you use source control? Yes
- Can you make a build in one step? Yes
- Do you make daily builds? No
- Do you have a bug database? No (Soon)
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code? Yes
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule? No
- Do you have a spec? Yes
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions? Yes
- Do you use the best tools money can buy? Yes
- Do you have testers? No
- Do new candidates write code during their interview? Yes
- Do you do hallway usability testing? No
To apply: If you’re interested in applying for this position, please send an introductory e-mail to email@example.com and attach your resume and a code sample (or link to a project repo you manage).Apply now