Lead Front End Designer / Engineer
If you consider yourself an eager learner, a reliable worker, and a thoughtful, kind, supportive human being, this might be the place for you.
At Lateral the Front End Engineer is a key member of a small New York team. She/He has a passion for and a detailed understanding of how interactive experiences should look, feel and function on the web and mobile devices.
Experience, Qualifications, Skills, and Technologies:
- 5+ years of experience
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Comfortable with source version control software and package managers (SVN, Git, NPM)
- Well-versed in fundamental visual and interactive design discipline
- Strive to use web standards to build solutions using semantic markup, templates (Handlebars) and SASS
- Understanding of all major browsers and the special considerations required for all various quirks
- Experience with WebGL is a plus.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Consistently develop and deliver high-quality User Experiences using best-in-class front end technologies, focusing on quality and finess
- Architect Front End experiences working with teams of designers and backend engineers.
- Lead by example through the implementation of challenging and complex components
- Work closely with your team, fostering a fun and collaborative environment
- Ensure quality through adherence to technical best practice, mentorship, feedback and paired programming
- Be open-minded & proactive, don’t settle for what is required
- Work with client services, sales, and the design team, and manage time across multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Participate in discussions with clients and team members about technical best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions
- Travel, as needed.
What we offer:
- The chance to work with some wonderful people
- The bliss to sit alongside special people who will make you want #foreverMonday
- * Offsite(s) abroad that you’ll never forget (Think San Francisco, Tokyo, Transylvania), — We’ve done them all and the world is not big enough for the ones to come)
- Significant growth opportunities
- Performance-based bonuses
- Wedding and new baby bonus
- Some money every month
- Through a combination of hard work, luck, and coffee we have managed to create one of the most wonderful companies here. This is your chance to get in!
- You can see who we are and what we do at www.lateral-inc.com and, if you’re interested, we’d very much like to talk to you.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow
Similar job offers in your area
Frontend Engineer - React HelloFresh USNew York, NY, USJune 08
Senior Full Stack Engineer LoanStreetNew York, NY, USJune 01
New York, NY, USMay 24
Senior Frontend Engineer - React HelloFresh USNew York, NY, USApril 30
Senior Full Stack Engineer - React/Angular Northwestern MutualNew York, NY, USApril 24