Frontend Engineer Developer Productivity
This job offer is expired
Zalando is transforming from an e-commerce company into a multi-service platform that provides fashion as a service. We make it our mission to imagine and predict the infinite points of interaction between fashion and people - and develop the technology to make them possible. The 1,600+ members of Zalando Technology across our offices in Germany, Ireland and Finland build most of our 40+ platform products in-house and open source - from Smart Logistics to Brand Solutions to Payments and Warehouse Management.
Developer Productivity is responsible for providing a frictionless journey from idea to go-live within Zalando. To do so we are building sophisticated tooling around all aspects of the software development lifecycle such as CI / CD, container orchestration, monitoring and visibility. We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join a team in building the frontend console which allows for teams to visualize and manage builds and deployments for our in-house Kubernetes platform. We are looking to build upon and expand this console to provide additional tooling needed to create a world-class developer experience for more than 1,600 Zalando colleagues.
YOU ARE SETTING THE STANDARDS
- Autonomy. Based on our microservices architecture, you and your team will own your code. You will decide together on the technologies and tools to utilise as well as our operate our large-scale monitoring applications on PaaS/IaaS. You build it, you run it, and you maintain it.
- Purpose. You and your team will work truly cross-functional with an entrepreneurial mindset and drive the whole development cycle according to its purpose - from implementation to testing and maintenance.
- Mastery. You and your team are set to deliver the highest standards when it comes to the scalability, performance and user-centricity of our software. Web Components, Service Workers, Isomorphic Rendering and Accessibility are more than buzz words for you.
- Full Stack: You bring some Node.JS experience and are comfortable optimizing, running and troubleshooting a Node.JS application in a demanding production environment. Additionally, you have a firm grasp of microservices and REST APIs.
- DevOps: You are experienced in deploying and operating your application in Cloud infrastructure. You care about logging, monitoring (metrics and event based), automated tests and fast and continuous delivery. AWS and Kubernetes experience is a plus.
- Code Quality: You are familiar with using engineering practices to write well tested code. You love reading code, and pairing with other engineers to refactor and fix bugs.
- Knowledge Exchange: You love contributing to the growing frontend community by sharing your knowledge through writing, speaking or mentoring. Helping others grow is important to you and you have excellent communication skills. Additionally, you have a genuine interest to work on architecture and design with other senior engineers
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Culture. A culture of trust, empowerment and feedback, open source commitment, meetups, flexible working times, family service and family friendly-atmosphere, e.g. parent & child rooms, +100 internal guilds, tech talks, product demos, coder dojos, Hack weeks and events.
- Development. Tour of Mastery, intensive onboarding, personal branding support, opportunity to attend and speak at conferences.
- Peers. International, accomplished experts and self-organizing teams.
- Perks. Competitive salary, great shopping discount on a wide range of products on zalando.com, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, municipality services*, additional holidays & volunteering time off, diverse sports and health offerings*. (*Depending on location)
WANT TO JOIN US? THEN GO AHEAD AND APPLY!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our recruiting processes, please contact our recruiter Sara Bettencourt.