This job offer is expired
You’re going to work on the whole platform from our single-page web apps to our Node.js backend service. You are always keen to challenge the existing and try to improve it by making technical decisions and introducing best practices.
Furthermore, you enjoy working in a small team that tries to operate agile and without much overhead. Having result-oriented discussions with your peers to find the best solutions is your daily routine.
- You have experience with Node.js. Interests in React, Hapi.js or Express.js would make the on-boarding easier ;)
- You write well-tested and robust code.
- You care about software: “How it is done is as important as having it done”.
- You leave no stone left unturned when you are on the hunt for solutions. New problems occur everyday and sometimes we need to leave our comfort zone to solve them.
- You are passionate about sharing your knowledge and experience among the team.
- You don’t accept the given; you strive always for innovative solutions that pushes the company and your peers.
Are you interested? Check out our full job description to get information about our engineering culture & values!
Good to know:
- Our engineering blog: We regularly publish articles about React & co., node.js, product development and engineering management. You might find something interesting.
- 10% policy: Everybody in the team is free to spend 10% of their work time on innovative ideas and technologies which interest them, such as open source and thought leadership.
- Remote work: We are open to people who don’t live in Berlin and don’t want to relocate. The only requirement at the moment is that you live in Europe. This makes the organization and process easier for all of us.
- Full-stack approach: The engineering team applies a full-stack approach. We encourage every engineer to work on the full range of tasks (infrastructure, backend, frontend) based on their preferences. The team supports each other to have the knowledge and skills for it.
Here are a few things you could work on:
- On our React.js single-page applications: The most important part for our customers. We write all our SPAs in React.js + Redux + ecosystem. Quality is important, and so, we incorporate best practices, e.g., Storybook. Help us extend our component library by creating isolated, reusable, and well-tested React components
- On our node.js micro-service APIs: The APIs are the foundation of everything. We put a lot of effort into the quality, robustness, and scalability of our APIs. Designing new interfaces, creating new endpoints and improving the testability is an integral part.
- On our CI / CD system: The bread and butter of successful product development. We ship software every day, and we want to make sure it happens with high quality. We apply automated test execution and code quality checks, like ESLint.
- With product management: You can only do a fantastic job if you know why we build things from a product perspective. That is why you work with the product management to test features.
- And more: The list above does not cover all topics. It should give you an overview. Other topics are infrastructure, security, user experience and so on.
Do you need more information? Check out our full job description to get information about our engineering culture & values!