Full Stack Engineer
This job offer is expired
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who enjoy learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are readily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel, more than 600 team members from over 50 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our Team in Berlin!
In your role as a Full Stack Engineer, your mission will be working on new innovative language learning products with a focus on continuous delivery in a small cross-functional team. Our technology stack consists of Ruby, REST for APIs, DynamoDB, and ReactJS with Redux. You will try out new domains, technologies and way of working in a fast-moving and diverse environment.
- Communicative and collaborative
- Driven, with action bias and can-do attitude
- Pragmatic and not pedantic when it comes to software development
- More than 4 years experience in software development
- Experience with building Single Page Applications using React and Redux frameworks
- Experience with Ruby for building web applications, with or without Rails
- Experience in building prototypes for quick market fit evaluations is a plus
- Passion for building scalable distributed architectures and services using proven software design techniques
- Experience in refactoring and methodologies of managing and driving down technical debt
- Experience in TDD using RSpec, Mocha and standard Ruby testing frameworks
Nice to have:
- Understanding of lean and agile practices, in particular, Scrum and Kanban
- Experience in using cloud services, ideally AWS
- Experience with NoSQL databases, especially DynamoDB
- Code hands-on yourself to deliver quality solutions
- Participate in product shaping and embrace the chaos of an early stage products
- Work in a cross-functional agile team and build the next generation of language learning app
- Participate in technical architecture evolution with our team and lead architect
- Maintain and evolve existing services - including refactoring and reduction of technical debt
- Identify and implement innovative solutions and ensure long-term stability and maintainability of our code base
- Ensure code quality and participate in code reviews
- Seamless transition in working styles geared towards building prototypes and production quality codebases
- Work with a high-performing team at Babbel
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- A vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks)
Questions about a career at Babbel? Contact us! +49 (0) (151 2051 6139) or get in touch with Ringo Tilinski (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.