← Back to all jobs
React Native Engineer
This job offer is expired
We need an experienced, passionate, and motivated React Native engineer who can jump in and take ownership of our challenging mobile engineering projects. Our native mobile products interact deeply with RESTful API backends, so knowledge of web application architectures and technologies is a plus.
- Drive the holistic development of our mobile applications, from architecture, to coding, to deployment.
- Build mobile applications using React Native + Redux
- Ownership in developing and improving all aspects of our stack (development, testing, CI, automation, and architecture)
- Deploy to both iOS and Android (Apple App Store, Google Play Store)
- Writing functional, well-tested code.App layout and user interface development
- Designing and engineering features that deliver value to the people who use them. This means collaborating closely with the entire team (designers, product managers, etc.)
- Refactoring, paying down technical debt, etc.
Let’s Have A Chat If You…
- Have developed React Native apps that communicate with Restful APIs, use local storage, network data synchronization, and user authentication.
- Enjoy working with React Native and have a successful track record of developing both iOS and Android applications using this framework.
- Love programming with ES6 syntax.
- Have integrated with native hardware components in a React Native app.
- Understand and have experience making decisions about mobile application architecture, including data modeling, networking and data synchronization, and concurrency.
- Are competent with developing application interfaces for multiple device types based off of mockups.
- Strive to automate everything you do - from sending out builds to running tests.
- Are equally comfortable working with HTTP-based web services, and have a working knowledge of web application and API architectures.
- Have an appreciation for the peace of mind that comes with well-tested, documented code.
- Are excited by the web and keep up with new technologies and that excitement is infectious.
- Communicate well with others in both written and verbal forms
- Are self-directed and able to manage your time effectively
Bonus points for…
- iOS or Android development experience using Objective-C, Swift, or Android
- Ruby on Rails development experience.
- Knowing your way around XCode or Android Studio
- Familiarity using Expo to build React Native apps
- Experience working with an agile / scrum-based development model
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or, Math or another analytic discipline
- Previous history of working with a remote, distributed team
- Significant contributions to or ownership of open source projects (please do tell!)
Other information about this position
- Working remotely is how we operate
- This is a contract position, with up to 40 hours per week
- Work visa transfer or sponsorship is not possible at this time
- We are looking for people located within the continental United States
You may also like
Frontend Developer Amazee
Front-End Web Developer Tribe