Senior Software Engineer- Frontend (NYC)
This job offer is expired
At HyperScience we create AI-centered enterprise solutions for automating work. Our mission is to empower organizations to become more productive by automating work and unlocking new applications of human potential. Our approach is rooted in solving real business problems with artificial intelligence at the core of our products. We have a strong point of view on what truly ML-powered, next generation enterprise software should be and we apply this understanding on every step of the development process. Our software engineering team is strong, inspiring and collaborative. We’re looking for talented engineers of all backgrounds who embody the team’s values -- quick learners who can dive into the weeds of meaty technical problems, see the big picture, and take ownership of projects.
As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you will focus on:
- Implementing an enterprise-grade web application with strong requirements for quality and reliability
- Working in a state-of-the-art technology stack based on ES6, React, Redux
- Working closely with the product & design teams to develop practical new pieces of UI/UX
- Taking an active role in discussing and advising product & API decisions
- Finding the most suitable approach or technology to solve a particular problem in a reliable way
- Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven track record of building enterprise-grade systems OR strong GitHub/OSS presence.
- Excellent command of CSS; we like PostCSS.
- Strong ability to reason about data structures, complexity, and possible engineering approaches to a problem.
- Ability to discuss and defend an engineering approach, but also to fully commit and participate in an alternate approach as part of the team.
- Being comfortable with all of these: HTTP, API, REST, JSON, unit test, XSS, CSRF, sync vs. async, promise, immutability, pure function
- Experience with Python / Django is a plus, but not required.