Sr. Front-End Engineer
Comcast shapes the future at the intersection of media and technology. Comcast provides one of the kind entertainment platform, High Speed Data platform, and Internet of Things services including Home Security services. We create world-class experiences that people love and trust and drive innovation that builds value. We bring millions TV and entertainment, sports and news, communications and home management, theme parks, home security, Voice, and high speed Internet access. Comcast brings to life the best of what's to come. Comcast brings Entertainment, Internet, Voice, and other services to the customers via the largest footprint of networks in the country. 20M+ On-Demand video are streamed daily, 8200 Video and Audio Channels are streamed daily across the country, 167M+ phone calls are made and 153M messages are send daily on our network. Comcast supports more than 800K route miles or network pipeline.
We are looking for engineers to join our Content Delivery team. Do you love to build massive, distributed, and amazing systems? Are you passionate about open source software, and building systems using it? Do you like to add immediate, tangible business value?
As an engineer on the CDN team, you will help build the infrastructure and develop software to support the systems that deliver IP content for a wide range of mobile and first-screen television devices. As part of the larger Comcast engineering teams, you will help shape the next generation of IP content delivery and transform the customer experience. Using the tenets of DevOps, you will have the opportunity to own the entire stack, from architecture to production.
Who does the front-end engineer work with?
Traffic Control is the Open Source CDN control plane for which we lead the development, and this project represents our primary focus. Want to learn more? Visit https://trafficcontrol.apache.org/. There you will find the documentation, source code, and every open bug. We're a small team, delivering state-of-the-art software solutions at the leading edge of CDN technology.
What are some interesting problems you'll be working on?
We deliver petabytes of traffic and billions of transactions every day. Our software infrastructure is crucial in analyzing this data to visualize trends, and enable deep-diving into issues.
Where can you make an impact?
We are looking for a senior level front-end engineer primarily responsible for the architecture, design and development of new features for Traffic Portal, an open-sourced SPA application that consumes the Traffic Ops RESTful API. The front-end engineer also fixes bugs in a timely fashion and helps improve public-facing Traffic Control websites.
Design new software applications, support applications under development, and customize existing applications.
Develop software update process for existing applications. Assist in the rollout of software releases.
Collaborate with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements.
Propose and implement code improvements.
Ensure the software architecture is lean and extensible.
Ensure software modules are reliable for reuse.
Interacts with the open source community to facilitate discussion and drive consensus.
- Experience with one or more SPA frameworks: Angular, React, Vue.js, Ember, etc
- Experience with build managers: Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, etc
- Experience with package managers: NPM, Brower, Browserify, etc
- Experience with RESTful JSON APIs
- Experience with CSS frameworks: Bootstrap, Foundation, etc
- Experience with CSS precompilers: Less.js, Sass/SCSS, etc
- Experience with Git
- Experience with the command line and/or command line tools
- Experience with front-end testing frameworks: Selenium, Protractor, etc
- Experience with graphic design
- Experience with open source
- Experience with charting libraries (D3.js, Highcharts, Chart.js, etc)
- Experience designing and developing RESTful API endpoints
- Experience with server-side programming
- Experience with database programming
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- An open mind and a passion for coding excellence
- BS in Computer Science and 8+ years equivalent experience
- Good communicator; able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies understandably and engagingly
- Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for architecting at scale
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
About the CDN Team:
The CDN team is a quasi-startup group within Comcast's Technology and Product Division and is based in Denver's LoDo district. Our technology is open-source based, and our products deliver video and other content over IP infrastructure to an array of connected devices in and out of the home.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow