Mid-Level Front End Developer
This job offer is expired
SBD is looking for a talented Mid-Level Front-End Developer to build the ‘client-side’ of our new web-based applications for our Federal Health IT client at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The ideal candidate should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications. The successful candidate will be able to build out functional user interfaces through close collaboration with back-end developers to integrate with the server-side application logic, and UI/UX web designers to create a functional and attractive digital environment with improved usability.
If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
The Front-End Developer will be part of a large, high performing team building a new enterprise web-enabled business application.
- Collaborate with the Agile team, including product management, to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Use markup languages like HTML to create user-friendly web pages
- Maintain and improve website
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Follow application accessibility and 508 standards.
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- 4+ years progressively increasing experience in software development
- 1+ years’ experience in Agile delivery
- Candidates must demonstrate strong oral and written communications and be able to work in fast-paced, highly collaborative Agile team environment.
- Demonstrated success in building meaningful and productive relationships with colleagues, customers and business partners.
- Proven work experience as a Front-end developer
- Familiarity with data serialization formats (JSON, XML).
- Understanding of RESTful API design for web services.
- Experience in source control environments like Git.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- All applicants shall have lived in the United States for at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years
- Must be able to pass a CMS-specific Public Trust background investigation