This position is for the atfarm business unit located in Berlin (www.at.farm). atfarm enables farmers and advisors to optimize nitrogen fertilization based on satellite data.
Atfarm (www.at.farm) is on a mission to feed the world in a more sustainable way. We’re starting by making precision farming available to every farmer by combining the latest in satellite imaging with sophisticated algorithms built on decades worth of experience in agronomy (the science of crops). At our core, we help farmers increase their harvest yield whilst using fertiliser more accurately and sustainably.
Atfarm is a new startup venture by Yara International, a leading provider of crop nutrition products, solutions and knowledge to 20 million farmers across 160 countries. With Atfarm you will have the culture and pace of a startup with serious backing and support from Yara International.
We recently launched in France and German. We are rapidly gaining traction and growing our team to accelerate product development, and expanding to new markets. This is your chance to join an exciting, high growth venture and help shape the future of agriculture.
As the Frontend Engineering Team Lead you will:
- Write code at and develop frontend components of responsive web applications
- Have an overview of the tech stack and code base and help lead and facilitate technical discussions and decisions
- Communicate with stakeholders and business units, explaining technical topics and understand their implications on business and product decisions
- Work within a solution team including product managers, designers, and developers to create solutions and apps focused on our customers’ needs.
- Participate in the full life cycle of a product, from early stage rapid prototyping through to full market release and continuous improvement after initial launch.
- Guide external and junior developers to develop a world class product
As a person you are:
- Collaborative and thrive on self-improvement
- Values and results driven
- Open to constructive feedback, both giving and receiving, in a clear and respectful manner
- Ready to make an impact, take ownership and you execute with conviction.
- Proactive and constructive even if things get ambiguous
- You like to actively participate in an agile setup to develop software in a team and you value pragmatic approaches, discussions, and knowledge sharing
- You enjoy communicating with people
- You have 5 years or more expertise in professional software development
- You have 5 years of more experience with modern, large scale software projects: source code control with git, APIs, cloud platforms, test driven development, continuous integration, documentation
- You have 3 years or more expertise in leading more than one development team
- You have 3 years or more expertise in working in startup environments on site
- You have a broad understanding of concepts such as service oriented architecture, single page applications, micro services, message queues, machine learning, and geospatial data
Our Tech Stack:
- Tools: AWS, GitLab, Jenkins, Jira, Docker
- Principles: agile, customer-centric, lean, service-oriented architecture, self-organisation, transparency
- An opportunity to shape a startup in its early stage
- Directly impact on products that provide real value to farmers and industries based on an honest business model
- Work on sustainable solutions that benefit humankind and the environment
- Very competitive remuneration and an unlimited working contract
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to work and live in Berlin
- A flexible yet stable environment in the newly founded digital unit of a global company
- Flexible working hours and support for part time working models
- Support for personal development, trainings, conferences and continuous learning
- Commitment to using new approaches, technologies and frameworks
- Participation in-house hackathons, meetups, and knowledge sharing
- A choice your own preferred hardware (CYOD)
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow
Similar job offers in your area
Senior Software Engineer - Frontend FriendsuranceBerlin, GermanyJune 20
Front End Engineer (m/f) ResearchGate GmbHBerlin, GermanyMay 30
Senior Frontend Engineer (f/m) home24 SEBerlin, GermanyMay 22
Berlin, GermanyApril 22