Senior Frontend Engineer
This job offer is expired
Mission "The Why"
As a frontend engineer, you will be working closely with your peers on platform, product, design and leadership to build new product and features for the Deputy platform, delivering services and products to millions of users and businesses from small & medium to enterprise. You will wake up every morning knowing full well that the work you do and experiences you create are being used to power the livelihood of millions of users worldwide.
Responsibilities "The What"
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through documentation, design reviews, pair programming, code review and technology discussions
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Champion & contribute to the strategic direction of front-end engineering
Competencies "The How"
- Deep understanding of modern HTML+CSS techniques
- Deep understanding of the DOM, browser components & APIs
- Understanding of microservices architecture and RESTful APIs
- Understanding of design elements, components, UI and best practices
- Work closely with UX/UI designers, able to build and contribute to design
- Modern UI/Frontend stack, frameworks and techniques. i.e: React, Webpack, SPA, ES6, CSS (flexbox, etc)
- Understanding of Classic JS frameworks jQuery, Mustache, Backbone, or LESS/SASS
- Understanding of Modern JS frameworks, e.g: React, Angular
- Understanding of WebSockets, Local Storage, or ES6
- Understanding of Assets & build management tools, e.g: Grunt, Webpack, Babel
- Able to bring to live UX and UI designs. Improvise when needed.
- Deep understanding of industry best practices
- Understanding of TDD/BDD and it's implementation
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and techniques