Sr. Software Engineer, Video Streaming
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Software Engineer, Video Streaming (Front End)
San Francisco, CA
PlayStation has an immediate opening for a world-class software engineer to help deliver the next generation of PlayStation UX.
We are fun, diverse group of people passionate about creating the best place to play. We use agile best practices, modern software tools/paradigms and are focused on continual improvement in the delivery of high quality Applications for PlayStation customers. This is an opportunity to be part of one of the world’s most recognizable brands and see your work impact millions.
We are located in San Francisco's vibrant SOMA district, within walking distance to great restaurants, museums and nightlife.
This opportunity requires the candidate to work on frameworks and libraries that will be used to deliver video experiences to PlayStation®4 users.
- Architecting and developing framework features and libraries for video streaming applications on PlayStation®4 and future flagship Sony devices and services using PlayStation®4 SDKs.
- Ability to work through solutions and problem solve autonomously to provide reports of findings.
- Tutor and coach junior Engineers within the development team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- Expert in Front-End technologies including NPM/Node, HTML/JS/CSS.
- Experience working with other languages such as C#, Java or C/C++ across multiple projects.
- Highly advantageous to be familiar with React and/or video streaming protocols and libraries such as MPEG-DASH or HLS.
- Have a good understanding of Network and Socket level communication.
- Experience working with medium to large scale code bases
- Experience in performance tuning and debugging network connected applications
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow