Software Engineer Web Applications
This job offer is expired
Our team is building a variety of customer facing and internal PWA’s. We’re using React to create our component library, RethinkDB to store our data and Node.js to implement APIs that allow us to interact with that data in real time using websockets. These APIs also expose a diverse ecosystem of backend services that coordinate hardware and perform image processing.
Our ideal candidate’s expertise spans the entire modern web stack, from modeling the data to designing and developing the user interface. Additionally, experience developing applications that leverage cloud services would be a huge plus for any candidate. Finally, we are a small team today and our structure is still taking shape, so if you specialize in a particular area but do not have experience in another, we might still be a good fit.
- Deep appreciation for the many facets of designing for the modern web, including responsive design, security, performance and progressive enhancement/graceful degradation
- Experience architecting front end applications with React and Redux (or experience with another modern component library)
- Proven ability to design, implement, and deploy cloud-enabled infrastructure
- Experience modeling data with NoSQL databases
- Experience with Docker, Linux and Git
- Experience with Webpack
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Experience working on message-based, distributed systems, ideally utilizing RabbitMQ
- Ability to use tools like Sketch and Invision to mock and prototype new ideas for collaborators and team members before jumping into development
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or related disciplines
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience