Senior Web Developer
Are you passionate about solving problems, working in a team, and mentoring others? Does working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment excite you? If so, we would like to talk to you for the opportunity of a Senior Web Developer on our innovative, fast-growing E-Commerce team.
You have valuable learning's from past experience with commercial-grade web applications, and are eager to share them with the people around you. The opportunity we have is working in a corporate start-up environment and building up a great culture in a growing team, yet, you must be aware of the potential downsides of working in a corporate start-up environment too! When something goes wrong, you don't look to place blame, but try to address the immediate issue collaboratively and then address any underlying issues with great interpersonal skills. You are eager to receive radically honest feedback about both your code and your working style. At the same time keen to give radically honest feedback about your coworkers' code and working styles.
You are willing to live and work in Dubai, and you are willing to travel as needed to Hyderabad, India, where we have a development partner.
ShipA Freight is a Dubai-based corporate start-up owned by Agility, a leading provider of logistics globally. We are building a next-generation platform for SMEs (Small to Medium-sized Enterprises) to ship freight with a world-class online experience. At Shipa we are looking to build a team of talented technology developers and data scientists to help us achieve our lofty business goals.Culture is very important to us, and we want an environment where everyone is learning every day in both technical and personal areas. We have extremely high expectations and expect our employees to use their empowerment to take end-to-end responsibility for problems, and wear a variety of hats, even when they may not experience in the area needed.
Other Key competencies
- A diverse set of skills, from business development and operations to socializing and support to apply widely.
- Ability to communicate with multiple internal and external stakeholders, both regionally and globally, across multiple business units and functions
- Ability to understand the priorities of key stakeholders and translate them into team priorities and communications
- Passion for collaboration & team work; when something goes wrong, you don't look to place blame, but try to address the immediate issue collaboratively and then address any underlying issues with great interpersonal skills.
Education & Experience
- BSc In Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- 5 to 7 years’ experience of developing websites, preferably with a transportation, international shipping or an e-commerce business.
- Sound understanding of best practices in software development (e.g. Agile, SCRUM, DevOps)
- Experience of having used latest tools to build scalable web services ie Client-Side: ES6+, React, Redux, SCSS, GraphQL Server-Side: Node, Meteor, GraphQL, .NET Database: SQL, MongoDB
How to apply
Email your resume to email@example.com or click on the link below