This job offer is expired
The other half will be spent as an architect, lead developer, and coach: researching the latest technologies, (experimenting with) implementing them, sharing knowledge and coaching and mentoring the other developers to improve their technical skills.
The chapter consists of two teams that are responsible for our browser based software and our iOS and Android Apps. albelli is a flat organization, and in that context you will lead by example, not by mandate. You will inspire, not direct. If servant leadership is your style, then albelli is your next employer.
The JS chapter is currently working on:
- Integration of AI into the editors (in-house developed AI services analyze batches of our customer’s photos and automatically generate beautiful photo books based on the contents of the photo, such as the number of people, landmarks, whether people are smiling, etcetera);
- Experimenting with new methods of uploading photos, which can reduce uploading time by half (further details cannot be mentioned here, as they offer a unique competitive advantage);
- Introducing new mobile friendly, responsive interface for all our features;
- Continuously improving our infrastructure to increase editor performance, leveraging micro services where possible;
- A/B test new features that provide a better design experience for our users;
- Ironically investigating the possibilities of an “offline first” approach;
- Having a lot of fun exploring all new tools available to the front-end world.
Your function and main responsibilities:
- People growth: Identify areas of growth for people in the team, and coach them to grow in those areas;
- Architectural vision: You know where the technology of the chapter should head in the long term. You have a vision which you can substantiate, and you advocate this within your chapter and across the IT department;
- Collaboration with the Product Owner: Thanks to you the PO is aware of the technical challenges of the requests, and values effort to keep technical debt to a minimum;
- Software development: You will spend 50% of your time coding.
- 5-10 years experience with frontend technologies;
- You know all about the latest JS related trends such as Node.js, ES6, React, etc.;
- You have knowledge of best mobile design practices, responsive design does not daunt you;
- You ensure code is of high standard and always covered with unit tests;
- You are fluent in English both spoken and written.
- Bonus points if you have experience leading a team or chapter;
- Bonus points if you have experience as a scrum master;
- Bonus points if you are good at playing Mario Kart.
What we offer
- A fast-growing eCommerce environment
- An international office hosting over 30 nationalities
- Competitive compensation and lots of benefits
- A social atmosphere (lunch, Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.)
- An informal and fun but driven culture
- A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities