Front End Web Developer
This job offer is expired
We're looking for developers to join us in our office in central Bristol, developing websites, tools and apps for huge audiences. Our clients include Google, YouTube and Tate. We are proud to be a part of the AKQA network.
The workload will sometimes be hectic, but the atmosphere is cheerful and proactive. We want to put you and your team in a position to write and deploy the best code that you can.
There are plenty of technical acronyms in here, but fundamentally we're looking for intelligent people who have an eagerness to learn new things, and the communication skills to be able to explain them to humans such as project managers and our clients.
As well as the technical knowledge, we need people that get it - people who can figure things out by themselves but know when to yell for help. Cutting down and simplifying complex problems with interfaces which make them appear straightforward.
This is a freelance or permanent role starting ASAP.
We like to see proven abilities in...
- POSH (Plain Old Semantic HTML)
- CSS and preprocessors such as LESS & SASS
- Using Git (or any DVCS) to manage parallel development on a large codebase
We also like talking to people who enjoy...
- Working in an agency environment
- Python & Django
- Development & consumption of HTTP APIs
- Google Apps & APIs
- Scaling applications across distributed machines
- noSQL & SQL databases
- Developing for offline first*Accessibility
In return you'll get...
- Competitive remuneration
- Free lunch, drinks and snacks
- A fun and supportive, developer-focussed working environment
- Nice laptop and phone (perm only)
- No limit on paid leave (perm only)
- Employer contributory pension scheme (perm only)
- Gym membership (perm only)
Apply:Feel free to apply with a cover letter and CV. If we like what we see we'll get back to you quickly to arrange a cup of tea and a chat.
About You:Applicants must be available and eligible to work in the UK.Apply now
Similar job offers in your area
Bath, United KingdomJune 11