Front End Engineer (250+ million users/month)
This job offer is expired
Schibsted Marketplaces serve 30 million people across 22 countries every day with effective and safe online classified ads. By enabling anyone to sell and everyone to buy, we promote sustainability and connect people to new opportunities and great deals.
Self-Serve Ads is a product built in our technology hub in Oxford Circus, London. We’re tackling a brand new market for display advertising in Schibsted – enabling advertisers to book and manage their own ads across Schibsted’s sites. We’re doing this by providing a slick booking flow, reporting ad performance via big data number crunching and handling automated payments. With over 200 million monthly active users under Schibsted’s belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to deliver a world-class product.
What will I be doing?
- As a Front-End engineer, you will help build state of the art systems that have real revenue-generating impact. We’re having an impacting Schibsted’s various properties that serve over 200+ million users every month.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team here in London alongside colleagues throughout Europe to develop client code that can be used by many disparate properties.
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimisation, maintainability, and quality that can scale to a large user base.
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organisation (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc).
- Develop and implement distributed systems using best practices and tools. Document and communicate them.
- Work closely with other teams (Stakeholders, Product and UX) to drive product development.
- Leading discussions and contributing to technical architecture decisions
What skills do I need?
- Excellent experience in web development for both desktop and mobile platforms.
- You have experience in multiple development languages, and are interested in learning more.
- We’re looking for smart people who can work with the right tool for the job – right now we’re building microservices using React, Node.js, Webpack and Jest
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, RESTful APIs.
- Strong understanding of web performance, scalability, and implementation constraints. High comfort level working with multiple stakeholdaers from different parts of the organisation
- The cloud is your friend. Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or any proprietary clouds.