Front End Developer
This job offer is expired
What’s this all about?
Perkbox has built one of the UK’s most successful digital engagement platforms, offering employers a wide choice of financial, health and wellbeing perks with which to recognize and reward their employees. Headquartered in London with a new office in Sheffield, we have grown from 20 employees in April 2015 to over 190 employees and counting. Perkbox helps companies of all sizes attract, motivate and retain staff by creating a positive and supportive working culture. We are considered one of the most refreshing and innovative ways to improve employee happiness and productivity.
People are taking notice too, and recent awards include:-
- Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies To Work For 2017
- Linkedin top companies rankings at #2 from over 25,000 business - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/linkedin-top-compan...
- National Business Awards 2017 – Scale-up Business of the Year Winner - http://www.nationalbusinessawards.co.uk/2017-winne...
We are also big believers in practicing what we preach! You can see more about our culture here:
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll work closely with developers, product managers, UX, QAs and DevOps - We work in small super-focussed cross functional teams (squads) who work for the most part, on their own, on a specific product
- You’ll be pitching in with both mobile app and web development
- Writing bucket loads of good quality code!
- Right now we use React, React Native, Redux and other useful libraries like Styled Components - but we have a long way to go. You’ll help drive the decisions about what technologies we should add and how we should best utilise the ones we’re already working with
- You have been responsible for shipping a product that people love
- You’re thoughtful about design patterns, testability and the efficiency of your code
- You’ll have a positive attitude towards taking and giving feedback - we’re here to help each other become better developers (and maybe people!)
- You’re passionate about writing great software...and still know that you sometimes have to make some tradeoffs to ship quickly
- You’ll have worked with React (or some other framework) for a good while and be comfortable picking up others
- You’re friendly, humble, enjoy collaborating and are easy to work with - as you may gather, our culture is really important to us!
- You love learning! We’re continuously growing here - individually and as a team
Learn more about our engineering culture here : https://www.perkbox.com/uk/engage-your-employees/p...
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with DDD principles
- Experience with microservices - our backend is made up of these
Are there any benefits besides the salary?
The hint is in the name - you of course get all the perks we offer to our customers. We also do regular team lunches, out of office days and team building nights. We also have a generous learning budget, rapid progression paths (for the right people) and a huge blow out all-hands party twice per year.
What are the prospects for career advancement at Perkbox?
Every aspect of our business is growing. If you want it there is significant potential for increased responsibility over time, be that managing a team, or taking ownership of complex technical systems. Join us and you will grow.Apply now
Similar job offers in your area
Senior Engineer for Web Products The EconomistLondon, United KingdomJuly 20
Full Stack Developer Digital DetoxLondon, United KingdomJuly 13
Software Developer Made by ManyLondon, United KingdomJuly 05
London, United KingdomJune 25
Senior Software Engineer (Front End) Zego.comLondon, United KingdomJune 22