This job offer is expired
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy.
We are organized as a cross-functional team composed of Front End Engineers, Product Designers, & Back End Engineers and the ideal candidate has experience working closely with all three practices. We work in a "3-in-a-box" model where we work closely with the Design Lead, Tech Lead and Product Manager to build a well-rounded experience.
We function much like a start-up inside PayPal, we do adopt a rapid iteration Lean Startup and rapid experimentation approach. It's a very fast paced highly innovative environment and we love our work and take pride in it.
Our tech stack currently uses ReactJS + NodeJS. Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. Many teams program in pairs, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you. We practice test-driven development and believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. We have no QA department -- developers test, release and monitor their own code. We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements. We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
We work hard and play hard. Our San Jose campus facilities include beach volleyball courts, tennis courts, basketball courts, ping-pong tables and 2 cafeterias.
You will be instrumental in helping scope out both the near-term experience for our merchants as well as the next generation of our platform and craft solutions capable of delivering billion of hits every day. We'd like to know that you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- 3 years current experience building single page applications with popular JS frameworks and libraries (React, Angular, Ember, Babel, Webpack, Underscore, etc.).
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, SASS/LESS, Bootstrap, and cross-browser and device development.
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well.
- Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others.
- Architect solutions and execution through hands-on development, quality-assurance, and prototyping
- Deliver code in an Agile software development using test-driven development methodologies.
- Participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release.
- Partner closely with product to craft great product experiences.
- Participate and promote architectural initiatives, balancing long-term velocity with short-term customer needs.
Extra credit: Provide your GitHub account or StackOverflow profile with your resume!
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal wants our employees to feel secure in their benefits, and we support your mental, physical, and emotional balance. Best of all, you are eligible for coverage on your date of hire. Our fulltime U.S.-based employees are eligible for a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D). Coverage choices for medical coverage will vary, depending on your US location. Dental and vision plan choices are available. Other benefits include 401k Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care. PayPal employees also enjoy Tracking-Free Vacation, Paid Bonding Leave and 10 holidays each year in the US.
Additional benefits to support your everyday living include adoption assistance, educational assistance, and employee assistance. We have the added extras too – group legal benefits, identity theft protection, and we even offer pet insurance.