Remote Senior IMS Developer - React/Redux/NodeJS
This job offer is expired
Senior Inventory Management System (IMS) Developer
This position can be remote, but US based candidates only.
Looking for a unique work environment and culture to thrive in? Do you love the sense of accomplishment of shaping a new product and pushing code daily? Are you a motivated individual who works well independently as well as on a team? Then we want you!
About Dealer Inspire
Dealer Inspire is an automotive website platform provider located in Naperville, Illinois. We pride ourselves in having a fun, unconventional working environment and a great culture. While our team works extremely hard, we try to keep it a fun and creative work environment. At Dealer Inspire, we like to look at current problems and 'rethink' about solutions. We're flexible - we don't write requirements in stone, and things can change regularly. This means rethinking how the solutions work best. Do you want to come 'rethink' with us?
Dealer Inspire is looking for experienced developers to join our team. We're always innovating - we're looking for people that can own projects and see them through to delivery - while we want rock stars, we're not interested in prima donnas. Personal responsibility with respect to quality, attention to detail, and contribution of ideas is highly needed to succeed.
Metal is DI's new Inventory Management System (IMS) that fulfills their promise to help automotive retailers future-proof their dealerships across multiple services and platforms. Designed mobile and tablet-first, Metal allows car dealers to quickly and easily manipulate their vehicle inventory and have those changes appear on their Dealer Inspire website in real-time with API synchronization. From easy-to-implement pricing rules to the ability to upload hi-res inventory pictures, Metal offers a full-suite of features that modernize inventory management.
Skills & Requirements
We're flexible with learning on the job, with corresponding relevant work experience - but, for this position to be successful we need you to know the following, with a strong self-initiative to learn from others!
Essential Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Architecture and development of new features.
- Set and enforce code quality standards and test coverage.
- Function as “project owner” for some new or existing projects, managing initial requirements, feature requests, and long term support.
- Leadership and mentoring of junior developers.
- 3+ years experience with front-end technologies such as React, Redux, and Webpack.
- Mastery of HTML and CSS/SASS/Styled Components
- 3+ years experience working with NodeJS
- Experience with NodeJS frameworks like Express or StrongLoop
- 3+ years experience working with MySQL or any NoSQL database; the ability to write efficient queries and benchmark/profile them
- Strong understanding of asynchronous programming
- Understanding of local development environments and integration of varying components.
- Experience with performance debugging and benchmarking
- Git version control
- Experience with testing frameworks like karma, mocha, or jest
- Strong attention to design detail. Matching markup/layout with mockups, and making them better. Knowing when things are off (even by a couple pixels) - and knowing why that impacts the experience negatively.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working remotely
- Familiar with functional programming
- Performance debugging and benchmarking
- High sensibility to UI design and UX
$90,000+ per year based upon skill and previous experience. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
- Health and Dental Insurance Plans
- 50% match of your 401 k contributions up to 6% of your gross income
- 15 days paid time off, 4 days of sick/safe leave and selected paid holidays
- Work time/Fun time quarterly team outings
- Coaching and career building
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home