At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Ingest at Elastic
The ingest platform is the basis for building open source shippers/collectors that collect all kinds of operational data, store it in Elasticsearch, and visualize it with Kibana. The ingest modules are comprised of Beats modules and Logstash modules - the former being lightweight data shippers that collect data from edge servers and the latter being a centralized data collectors that collect data and ingest it via ingest pipelines to Elasticsearch. Both ingest mechanisms are used to power application monitoring, infrastructure monitoring, and network monitoring.
We’re looking for engineers that are passionate about data, about infrastructure, and more importantly about combining the two and turning them to valuable and actionable insights via UI. More specifically, think about the logging aspect of it - what values can logging data can bring in such UI? What is the best way for the users to consume this UI?
We believe that engineering complex, pluggable software for the web that is built to last the test of time is both tricky and exciting. Doing so requires a team of diverse individuals, with sharp minds and the ability to empathize with our users, working together with mutual respect and a common mission.
We care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you're working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible throughout our organization. At Elastic, hierarchy does not determine how decisions get made. We feel that anyone needs to be in the position to comment on anything, regardless of their role within the company.
- Innovate, lead and contribute to front end and visualization experience of a Logging UI, built on the Kibana platform.
- Answer community questions.
- Collaborate with other development teams, quality engineering team and documentation team to execute on product deliverables.
Skills you will bring:
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline and 5+ years of front end development work.
- Experience with one modern MVC style JS Framework (preferrably React)
- Experience in building large scale pluggable UIs (backed by Node.js backend)
- Excellent understanding of UX/UI design principles
- Operational experience with monitoring systems is a big plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team player with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world.
- Knowledge and experience in Elasticsearch, Distributed Systems is a plus.
- Deeply competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building phenomenal products
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow