Head of Front End Engineering
About the Company:
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology. We sell a solution that people can use today to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same Artificial Intelligence technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers or businesses of any size or budget. That’s why we build products to make it easy, quick, and inexpensive for developers and businesses to innovate with AI, go to market faster, and build better user experiences. Our mission is to teach AI just as accessible as we make using AI, which is why our technology is the most personalized, unbiased, and accurate solution in the market.
We have secured a $30M Series B round of funding and are backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital. For us to succeed, we need people like you to join the team.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You are passionate about using your frontend engineering expertise to broaden the reach of our artificial intelligence technology and make it easily accessible to all.
You lead our team of frontend engineers and collaborate closely with the product, design, backend, infrastructure, and machine learning layers. You work together to craft and implement new features for our platform.
- You build intuitive web applications that will give users hands-on access to our machine learning platform and custom training, which allows users to train their own models without using any code.
- You will develop reusable modules, components, and build tools for both internal and external use cases.
- You mentor engineers that join the frontend team. We want you to have the opportunity to teach others what you've learned.
Our current stack is react with redux, babel and webpack for our build and less for CSS.
In your first month, you will start off by learning the ropes. You will:
- Learn our front end tech stack. We want to give you the time to get familiar with our code base.
- Hold your first 1:1's with each team member to learn more about their project progress, career goals, and blockers.
- Work with our CEO and product managers to get a handle on the product roadmap and set the coming year's priorities for engineering and recruiting.
3 months down the road and beyond, you'll be moving at full speed and will:
- Make meaningful contributions to the code base and major progress on our priority products.
- Propose new applications of our technology and begin the work necessary to put those ideas into production.
- Have a deep understanding of our tech stack, code base, and how it's developed since you've started.
Beyond a year, you will strive to continue building the frontend engineering team and developing your skills as both an engineer and a manager.
With an eye for accessibility, performance, usability, and the future of web standards, you will make using our artificial intelligence products an intuitive experience for all. You will lead Clarifai's frontend team and our presence in the greater frontend engineering community.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow