Senior Software Engineer (Front End)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (FRONT END)
As a Senior Software Engineer (Front End) at SpaceX you will shape user-centric products that are critical to the development and execution of a space mission. You will work closely with other SpaceX engineers to better understand their needs in order to create applications that anticipate and solve important problems they face. Propulsion engineers, hardware designers, rocket scientists and others throughout the company will marvel at the simplicity and usability of the interfaces you create. Your work will revolutionize the productivity of the engineering community at SpaceX and directly impact our ability to launch orbital rockets frequently, safely and reliably.
- Craft aesthetically and functionally flawless user experiences.
- Interface with other engineers to plan and organize the development of our products.
- Influence how and what we build with demonstrated technical expertise.
- Execute user research and requirements gathering for new and existing products.
- Understand and implement technologies across the full web stack.
- Manage the release life cycle and feature roadmap of our products.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline and 4+ years of experience in software development OR 6+ years of experience in software development.
- 2+ years of experience delivering user-facing software products.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Development experience in C++ or Python.
- Significant understanding of user experience design principals and ability to contribute in design sessions.
- Knowledge of front end frameworks such as Polymer, React, Angular, or Backbone.
- Experience with vector and motion graphics, including SVG, HTML5 Canvas, WebGL, and CSS.
- Experience with development for mobile platforms.
- Familiarity with the whole web stack.
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Must provide work samples and/or link to portfolio.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow