Full Stack Developer
This job offer is expired
OpenLaw is a ConsenSys spoke that has built the first “smart” legal agreements. We’re using blockchain technology to reimagine the future of commerce and the $160 billion transactional legal market.
At its core, OpenLaw is a multi-module blockchain-based protocol and markup language to prepare, manage, and execute smart legal agreements. Using the OpenLaw protocol you can seamlessly execute a range of commercial transactions, store digital signatures on a blockchain, and execute smart contracts.
OpenLaw is a remote-first organization with team members distributed across the globe, and we are committed to building both our team and our software in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable fashion.
We are currently looking for experienced full-stack engineers to join our team. This is a role for engineers who can collaborate with a team to architect and deliver feature upgrades and improvements. Engineering partners in this role have built features such as custom integrations and have implemented significant changes to the application architecture. You should be comfortable working in diverse development ecosystems and collaboratively within a rapidly growing team.
- Implement OpenLaw feature upgrades, improvements, and architectural builds
- Collaborate with the team to ship major product builds
- Provide thoughtful implementation estimates and build functionality that is fast, scalable, and upholds sustainable development goals and principles
- Keep our users happy by maintaining the software, troubleshooting and fixing bugs.
- 5+ years professional development experience
- Experience working within a remote-first and globally distributed team
- Experience in API Design (REST or other).
- Strong familiarity with functional programming methodologies
- Comfortable working on multiple codebases, with the ability to quickly understand new projects and tooling systems
- Previous development experience using Scala, Akka, CQRS or Domain Driven Design
- High-level understanding of public-private key encryption protocols
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- An active interest or involvement with the broader open source community
At OpenLaw you must balance passion for the technology while knowing when and how to focus the conversation on our users. At OpenLaw we enjoy an open and inclusive culture, the freedom to explore and experiment. We are continuously iterating together on improving our work methodology and team culture.
If you are someone that thrives in a rapidly-evolving environment while being self-directed, detail-oriented, communicative, and adaptable, we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to join our Slack or check out our Medium page before applying.