Lead Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
Condé Nast International (CNI) publishes 128 magazines and 64 websites across 11 countries in Europe and Asia. Our brands include Vogue, GQ, Wired, Vanity Fair, Glamour and Condé Nast Traveller. We’re running a major digital business transformation, and this is an exciting opportunity to help rewrite how a multi-billion dollar company approaches engineering in the 21st century!
We’re looking for experienced, full stack Tech Leads to head up our interdisciplinary, agile project teams. In this role, you’ll be guiding and supporting your team to roll out features to millions of users, liaising with market teams around the world, drafting prototypes, pairing on flexible solutions, setting up ad-hoc Kubernetes infrastructures, experiments with image recognition, machine learning...and much more.
As Team Lead, you’ll of course keep your hand in the code...but you’ll equally be focussed on mentoring, nurturing and supporting members of your team. You’ll work closely with business and market stakeholders, line manage and coach. You’ll be making some of the tough decisions, and ensuring alignment with other teams and functions within CNI to ensure success.
Life at Conde Nast International
We’re an international team with a passion for diversity. We’re newly formed and there are opportunities to help define what we ship and how we ship it. You'll get a rare look at digital publishing around the world in historic, prestigious brands. You'll be working with experienced folks in product, data and UX who have done this before, whilst being free to make your own mark on projects.
You’ll also enjoy a range of benefits at our fantastic new riverside offices, close to Embankment and Charing Cross Station. These include flexible hours, massages, gym discounts, remote working, internal events and top notch guest speakers, plus much more.
You should apply if….
- You want to lead a group of diverse, smart and passionate people
- You love to be challenged in an agile, product focused environment
- You consider yourself full stack, happy in both front and back end environments
- You have a deep understanding of current and emerging trends in Web development
- You are experienced with modern coding, testing, troubleshooting and automation techniques
- You have a track record of mentoring and supporting members of your team to grow and develop
- You’re used to managing the needs of both technical and non technical stakeholders