This job offer is expired
Contentful powers digital experiences for major brands around the globe. Its content infrastructure provides developers a powerful set of APIs to manage, integrate, and deliver content to any device or service -- be it mobile apps, IoT devices in the home, SaaS products, Super Bowl campaigns, smart car dashboards, digital signage, VR and AR experiences, or the next big platform yet to come. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Petsmart, Specialized, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company continues to double revenue year over year, and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We're a fun team of over 130 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, and other developers to build a best-in-class experience for our customers
- Transcend the traditional boundaries of Frontend and Backend, designing and delivering performant, maintainable, and scalable features and services
- Think in terms of components and systems while considering a holistic user experience
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems for our customers
- Practice data-informed product development through analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Test and ship new features improving how we onboard developers to Contentful, either through our Web Application or Node.js CLI
- Constantly evolve the Authoring experience for content creators
- Ship powerful and complex features, like SSO authentication, for our largest customers
- Consider new and alternative ways – GraphQL, for example – to express and consume our APIs
- Build the next generation of Contentful web applications leveraging UI frameworks such as React
- Significant experience developing and maintaining stateful, sophisticated Single-page Applications
- Understanding of functional programming principles
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbally and written (German is not required)
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive.
- Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!