Mobile and Front End Software Engineer - chance to work with React-Native
OVO is the UK’s leading independent energy technology company and supplier - we serve nearly one million customers with intelligent energy services.
OVO is not simply an energy retail business: it is group of innovative companies, who strive to use technology to deliver great consumer value and more clean energy for everyone.
Just some of the tools we use to get the job done:
- React / React Native
- TypeScript, Flow
- CSS3 and CSS preprocessors (Less or Sass)
- TDD / BDD (Cypress, Selenium, Jest, Enzyme, Mocha, Chai, Typemoq)
- We work in an Agile environment, using CI / CD
Okay, so this sounds like the kind of stuff you’ve gotten your hands dirty with and things you’re curious to learn more about? Great. Then we’d like to hear from you if you have:
- Commercial experience React Native
Why work at OVO?
We work in highly agile environments with continuous releases and a large focus on testing (Unit, integration, UI testing).
We give our Software Engineers the freedom and trust to find and experiment with the best tools for the job, so that problems aren’t just solved but solved in the most optimal way.
You’d be joining an impressive FE community where you can make your ideas heard. We want you to be empowered to discover new things and to experiment - to help you do this:
- We hold a fortnightly “Front End Community of Practise” within OVO to discuss challenges we are facing, new frameworks and show-and-tell personal projects.
- Tech time: ‘lightning’ talks on interesting tech topics. Recent discussions have included using Parcel in projects, looking at styled components vs CSS Modules and a NextJS demo. We also run a tech blog.
- Across slack channels and via internal meet-ups we promote collaboration, knowledge transferring and if something isn’t working: ‘fail fast’ so that we can share learning from our mistakes across all our teams - giving us much more time to work on the cool stuff.
- We attend a number of tech conferences then summarise the agenda to discuss new ideas internally and learnt from them.
- We love to pair program.
Want to check out more?
OVO Energy Hack 3.0: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTQKUHFtfZg&t=52s
OVO tech github: https://github.com/ovotech
A handful of our benefits:
- £Competitive salary DOE plus Bonus
- Flex Benefits which can be spent on stuff like Health care, ISA investment, Cycle to work, Taste and Culture cards, tech for your home and much more
- Flexible Working Hours
- 25 days' holiday & day off on your birthday,
- The opportunity to get involved in teaching kids to code
- Open plan offices with videos games & table tennis
- Free breakfast every day and lunch on Fridays
- Lots of social events
- Training budget
- Matched volunteering and matched fundraising
- You’d be working for accredited Top Employer
Catch up with us on:
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow