ReactJS & React Native Engineer (Werkstudent / Student Job)
This job offer is expired
In the last years, we successfully built up an R&D company that develops great products using latest technologies. We do this with an unique approach: combining a fixed core team and a huge and strong community of developers, engineers, makers, hackers, and designers. In the community, there are freelancers, academic researchers, and senior elite students that then work on projects on a flexible basis.
You could join our community as a ReactJS & React Native Engineer in a student job position (in Gemany called "Werkstudent").
This is not a 100% remote position. You'll have the option to work remotely, but it is not a fully remote position. Please don't apply if you can't guarantee to come to our office in Munich or Stuttgart once in a while (especially in the first few months).
- Currently pursuing studies in Computer Science, Information Systems, Informatics, or similar
- Optimally located in southern German area (e.g. Stuttgart, Munich, Augsburg, Nuremberg, Karlsruhe, etc.), as Werkstudenten should be able to come our offices every now and then
- Good software engineering basics (e.g. patterns, architectural questions)
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Having worked in agile environments, being able to follow the SCRUM process
- Good communication skills in English in writing and speaking
- Having worked with Docker, GitLab CI, or comparable tools
- Any Backend (e.g. NodeJS) or Python, Flask, or Django experience would be awesome
- Taking over a central role in web development projects at Motius
- Joining various teams, topics, and customers (e.g. Microsoft, Innogy, BMW, Siemens) for building strong and beautiful web & app projects, e.g. for Smart City usecases, Blockchain applications, or IoT products
- Perspective: after graduating becoming a fullstack engineer and leading the scrum process with teams of 2-5 other developers and 1-2 DevOps engineers
- Discussing the technical realisation of feature requests with Product & Project Owners
- Organizing code reviews, pair programming sessions for improving the quality of the team
What we offer
- Being part of our huge and interdisciplinary tech community of 600-800 developers, engineers, makers, hackers, etc.
- Flexibility (remote work 30-70% possible)
- Above average salary (for Munich tech startups)
- Getting great and unique insights into different industries by joining different projects from time to time, e.g. building a solution with BMW in the IoT area for 4 months, and then joining a Microsoft Xbox project afterwards
Some of the values we share here are
- open communication and a constant feedback culture (flat hierarchies help here)
- diverse teams (not really a value, but diverse teams lead to great results in our opinion)
- comitted to personal growth (as a young company, we all grow day by day)
- eagerness, curiosity, and desire to build new products, learn new things, try things out, fail fast, etc.
What you can expect here
- a young team that wants to grow with you
- a steep learning curve and definitely a place to take over ownership and responsibility for something
- a diverse team with over 10 nationalities and tech backgrounds as software engineers, designers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, etc.
- a self-funded healthy startup that grows constantly and is profitable from year one
- of course coffee and team building events and all these hippie startup things
Please apply either via Stackoverflow or via our Motius Platform (www.motius.de/talents) directly in our community
- Step: Review of your profile and background
- Step: First interview via Skype/Hangout or in person in Munich
- Step: Technical Test (e.g. via Hackerrank)
- Step: If successful, becoming part of our Tech community at Motius
- Step: For a concrete project, a concrete technical interview with a Technical Project Manager at Motius
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow
You might also like
Sustaining Engineer Auth0RemoteJune 07
Contract Remote Full Stack Developer (located in the US) Twin TechnologiesRemoteMay 31