Software Engineer (Frontend), Shop
This job offer is expired
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better living. We’re looking for a Software Engineer focused on Front End to join the shop/e-commerce team. You'll be an integral part of a fast-moving tech team, focused on engineering the best customer experience imaginable. You’ll help us build exciting new digital experiences to support our suite of products using a modern tech stack, including React, Redux, Webpack and Styled Components to create a world-class shopping experience for customers around the world.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Work closely with Creative and Product to launch products and create delightful experiences that impress our growing customer base
- Deliver high quality peer-reviewed code that follow engineering best practices
- Review code written by teammates and participate in technical decision making
- Set and achieve personal goals that further your technical skill and level up the team
Our dream candidate is...
- Interested in or experienced with Ruby on Rails
- Interested in or experienced with Node.js and in improving our developer processes
- Pro-active. You can independently seek out answers and own project responsibilities
- Excellent at giving and receiving feedback from others that promotes a collaborative and humble working culture
- A clear communicator that can reduce ambiguity and promote transparency with team members and co-workers
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you.We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!