Senior Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
Senior Software Engineer
DAT Solutions, LLC a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP), is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Beaverton, Oregon.
The DAT Engineering team is responsible for delivering customer solutions on multiple platforms that are responsive, scalable, and of the highest quality. We use the Agile development process, and value employees who foster collaboration between team members.
A Senior Software Engineer at DAT is responsible for designing and implementing the software that drives our SaaS platform. In this role, you will work with cutting edge tools to develop code that is reliable, maintainable, and scalable. You’ll work full stack, from building microservices in AWS, to creating compelling experiences in the web.
- Work across the stack to from UI to database
- Design and develop REST APIs
- Leverage AWS to deliver efficient, cloud-native solutions
- Write unit, integration, and functional tests, and guide others in doing the same
- Participate in design/code reviews
- Translate business needs and requirements into technical specifications
- Document software designs and project tasks
- Review functional requirements and analyze their impact on schedule and software design
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience in software development
- Experience developing and deploying in AWS
- Experience using modern frameworks (such as Node.js, Spark, or Spring Boot) to build microservices
- Experience developing REST APIs according to established best practices
- Experience using a development framework such as React or Angular to build web UIs
- Expert understanding of software design principles and patterns, and experience applying them
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and learning
- High productivity and effective time management
- Experience with Scrum/Agile SDLC
DAT operates the largest truckload freight marketplace in North America. Transportation brokers, carriers, news organizations and industry analysts rely on DAT for market trends and data insights derived from 141 million forecasted freight matches in 2017, and a database of $33 billion of market transactions.
The Original Load Board - Trusted Since 1978
The company was established in 1978 as the Dial-A-Truck (DAT) load finder service at Jubitz® truck stop in Portland, OR.
DAT Solutions offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
DAT Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. DAT Solutions will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow