← Back to all jobs
Software Developer - Rails, React
This job offer is expired
We are GovPredict, an exponentially growing, Y Combinator-backed startup in Washington, DC. Our software+data product helps companies predict what the US government will do. We work with Fortune 500 publicly-traded companies, Ivy-League universities, and United States House and Senate offices. Our culture is “build fast and ask questions later.” But we value rigor and best-practices too. Our team of powerful engineers is building the software that no government has ever seen before.
Our team of top-tier software developers is distributed around the world and our sales + business development is in the USA.
Ruby on Rails backend, ReactJS front end, Python scrapers, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Elastic Search, AWS, RabbitMQ, Terraform, and Ansible.
About the Job
As a developer at GovPredict, you will be responsible for architecting software, providing technical leadership, writing smart+scalable code, and helping grow our team. You will be a team leader working with data nobody has ever worked with before.
You will work on frontend and backend features. Our product pulls in data from structured APIs or from unstructured sources with our python scrapers. We then manipulate, organize, and display it in never before seen ways to our customers.
This is a 100% remote and full-time job.
- Strong engineering background
- History of shipping high-quality software
- Comfortable with automated software testing (such as RSpec)
- Can take a task from gathering requirements to deployment and maintenance
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and orally in English (other team members speak Russian, Romanian, Spanish, and Portuguese in addition)
- Eager to learn new things and apply them quickly
- Ability to mentor and guide fellow team members constructively
- Willing to work full-time with some overlap on US business hours (8am to 6pm EST)
You may also like
Senior Rails + React Engineer Reforge
React Native & Rails Engineer Oji Card