Senior Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
If you’ve taken a day off of work to wait for the cable company to show up- or not show up, then you get it. We need something better, something more modern, something to make the service experience smoother. Dispatch is that answer. We’re solving the communication gap between enterprise brands, 3rd-party contractors, and the homeowner.
Dispatch has built a network of over 50,000 contractors who are completing more than 40,000 jobs per day on the platform. We’re on the hunt for a talented Senior Software Engineer to help us build an even stronger, more robust product.
- Work in small teams to build our desktop app (React/Redux), mobile apps (React Native), supporting microservices (Go), and infrastructure (Docker, Rancher, AWS).
- Act as player-coach who mentors their colleagues through code reviews, and ensures that we are building efficient, reusable abstractions.
- Define patterns and processes to improve our engineering team and software.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure, start-up culture that expects great things every day.
- A software engineer with 5+ years experience building high-scale modern web applications as a Full Stack Engineer. A BSc or MSc in Computer Science or a related field is preferred.
- Experienced with TDD/BDD patterns in modern software development.
- Not afraid to share your knowledge and opinions with your colleagues.
- Proactive about solving problems and already thinking 100 steps ahead to make our product better.
- A self-starter who is clever, tireless and dedicated.
- Familiar with and understand the MVP approach. Able to build and test fast, reliable, and scalable products.
- Local and able to work in our Boston, MA (North End) office daily.
Still with us? Apply here!
We’re ready to meet you if you wake up every day eager to get your hands dirty in a high growth start-up atmosphere.
Dispatch is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at on all of our teams. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our company is a true meritocracy, and we invite you to come as you are.