Lead Front End Developer
This job offer is expired
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced Lead Front End Developer to join our tech team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading Front End Development on mid to large scale projects, and setting standards and approaches for the Front End Development team.
The Lead Front End Developer will report to the Technical Director, Dean Faulkner. In addition you will work closely with Corina Callan, Lead Back End Developer; Daniel Stolz, Lead Designer and other members of the board as appropriate. The requirements for the role are set out in more detail below:
Required Skills and Experience
The successful candidate would have some demonstrable commercial experience with many of the following technologies:
HTML, CSS & preprocessors (Sass/Less)
Task Runners (Gulp / Grunt / Webpack)
- Leadership of both, the Front End capability, projects and the wider technical team is required of the successful candidate. You must be able to raise others up to achieve their potential and set an example across the business of what exceptional Front End development is and should be in the future. Integration of the Front End capability with other specialisms, expanding your own and others skillsets to become more T shaped people.
- Self-starter- Taking initiatives: The digital industry is far from mature and advances at a considerable pace. So we must continually reinvent ourselves in order to maintain relevance to our customers - to do that Draw wants to benefit from your ideas and initiatives, to make the company perform better.
- Ambassadorial about Front End and what it can do for our customers. A true champion of your craft.
- Autonomy - Whilst the company is supportive and nurturing it is also composed of people who aren’t afraid of autonomy. You will often act for the firm and take decisions on its behalf - and we encourage you to do so.
- Gravitas - The Front End Lead will be required to speak directly to clients in both selling and servicing contexts, so you need to reflect the values of the agency, and command trust and respect.
- No Ego - While at the helm of Draw’s Front End Capability, we are all dependent on each other to
- Deliver the day-to-day project work, and work together to support them as much as possible.
- Approachability - The Front End team are frequently the connective tissue between many different skillsets within the business. You need to be open and approachable so that members of both groups feel they can come to you for advice and ideas
- Attributes: A radiator, not a drain - You need to transmit enthusiasm, confidence and energy to the team around you and clients. It will buoy the team on a grey day, and ensure our clients never forget our enthusiasm for helping drive their success. Sense of humour - Yes please.
Our values and culture
- We’re serious about ensuring that Draw is both an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. Here are some of the things that are important to us:
- Make things better - This is the overarching value of the agency. Everything we do should revolve around constantly improving everything we touch: our work, our client relationships and the lives of our team. If we’re doing something that isn’t improving one (or all three) of those things, then it’s probably not right for us.
- Time is precious - All we have is time. Both personally and professionally, it’s our most valuable resource. This is why we charge our clients appropriately and respect the time we give to and ask of each other.
- Help this person - Agency life is all about people and we can improve any situation by better understanding those people and actively helping them.
All of us know more than any of us - Our strength is in our collective knowledge, skills and experience. It’s what our clients pay for and therefore everyone’s input is valuable and should be respected.
Treat people well - It seems obvious, but to us, it’s important enough to write down.
- Holidays: Draw has a policy of unlimited holiday, though we ask at least one week’s notice for a day off and at least one month’s notice for a week off.
- Pension: Draw offers a Group Pension Plan with Aegon which you are eligible to join after three months.
- Health insurance: Yes, provided by Vitality.
- Other insurance: Death in service (life insurance), income protection and critical illness.
- Other: Bike to Work scheme, weekly fitness class and monthly employee of the month competition. If you have a dog you are welcome to bring him or her to work.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow
Similar job offers in your area
IMUI Developer Immediate MediaLondon, United KingdomJuly 16
Front End Engineer Job Hays London City CheapsideLondon, United KingdomJune 29
Front End opportunities to join a team with a £10billion investment Lloyds Banking GroupLondon, United KingdomJune 01