Principal Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
WeddingWire is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to bring broad expertise and unique knowledge to our global Product Development team as we create the very best wedding experience for couples, their guests and vendors--our small business customers. Over 10 years, we have experienced rapid growth to over 900 employees around the world while maintaining a creative startup culture. You will be challenged with overseeing innovative solutions and you will be empowered with the autonomy and opportunity to influence and impact change within the $200 billion international wedding marketplace. Join us on our journey as we continue our global expansion among 15 countries in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Facilitate high quality, scalable product development through presented requirements, architectural designs, user stories, and other artifacts
- Champion development of the team, ensuring minimal tech debt; maximizing efficiency
- Oversee strategy surrounding code deployments and supervise the foundation and framework for others to be effective throughout the release process
- Lead productive, results-driven business discussions and decision making
- Implement designs quickly and efficiently with minimal error; delegating lower level tasks and providing guidance to more Junior developers when appropriate
- Manage cross-functional mechanisms to share data securely and efficiently between teams
- Assist in automating the developer toolkit to provide recurring value to the company over time; enabling quicker ramp times for new employees and more efficient internal transfers
- Create strategies to automate the quality assurance phase of the development cycle through rigorous automation testing
- Promote a DevOps culture; monitoring system uptime, response times, and product quality
SUCCESSFUL PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 8-12 years of engineering experience and/or a Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study; advance degrees are a bonus
- Been trained as engineers and know how to build fault-tolerant systems that handle hairy edge cases
- A passion for coding, design and automation, technical expertise, and knowledge to effectively hide internal complexity behind elegant and simple interfaces
- Diverse perspectives with the ability to consider all angles of the business while making pragmatic decisions
- The drive to build things, ship early and often, initial comfort with less than perfect, a willingness to say “no” when needed, build to throw away, and clarity with anything you create because you know the next thing's going to be even better
- A team player mentality, a hands-on, technical approach to mentoring others and the ability to find reward and delight in seeing others around you grow
- Extensive full-stack experience in a wide range of technologies; a bonus if you know our stack but not required (our stack includes Ruby on Rails, React/Redux/ES6/Webpack, PHP, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Chef and NGINX)
- Our Amazing Team! Our team is led by the industry’s top leaders. We are a supportive team that wants every employee to succeed. We are deeply proud to work here and are eager to onboard employees who want to promote the mission of our organization and achieve our business objectives.
- Training & Development! WeddingWire provides each employee with company orientation during week one. From there, each team onboards and trains each employee specific to their role. We also provide continuous education and other learning opportunities for the broader team through guest speakers, Leadership Development and Managers Certification Programs and crash courses.
- Award-winning Culture! We are proud to have been selected by numerous organizations as one of DC's Best Places to Work! We strongly believe in promoting a unique employee experience and that happy employees lead to happy customers: our competitive advantage! We make significant investments in cultivating our culture, which consistently ranks the highest attribute of working for WeddingWire on our internal and external employee surveys.
Unlimited Vacation - Cutting-edge technologies - Casual attire - Commuting Allowances - Stipends for Professional Development for Every Employee - Give-Back Programs with Matched Donations - Full Menu of Health Benefits - Matched 401(k) Plan - Flexible work schedules - Regular events - Catered breakfast every morning - Company-sponsored team outings - Monthly catered lunches - State of the Art Facility - Paid parental leave for birth and adopting parents - Company-paid Life and Disability Insurance - and more!
WeddingWire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, WeddingWire complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. WeddingWire expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.