Gumtree Opportunity for Senior Lead Front End Engineer
This job offer is expired
Gumtree is part of the eBay Classified Group. Founded in London in 2000, Gumtree is today the UK's leading classified site, with over 14.5m unique visitors every month and over 9.5m app downloads. The platform enables people to trade everything from cars to home items and find jobs, local services, community events and even somewhere to live.
Based out of Richmond, roughly 45 highly motivated engineers are looking after the Gumtree technology stack. Gumtree has a strong preference for using open source technologies. Do you want to learn more about Gumtree technology? Check our twitter feed @GumtreeDevTeam or our Github github.com/gumtreeuk
Are you a skilled engineer who is an expert in all things technical? A preacher of standard methodologies and awesome ideas? A believer in doing the right and delighting twenty million users a month. Are you looking to work in a great team environment?
At Gumtree you'll be helping build new and awesome experiences for people. You will be working in an Agile environment and using a variety of frameworks and tools, you will craft code to solve challenges for users as well as supporting bold business plans. We are on a mission to change the way we write code.
We want happy developers who are engaged, continually innovating and using the latest tools and technologies. Our challenge is to move Gumtree from old technologies to new, whilst continuously innovating and delivering value to millions of people every day. We believe in clean and maintainable code, that is modular and scalable.
You will be part of a multi-functional squad working with UX, product, QA and back end engineers daily. While development is your main focus, you are actively looking to continue your career inspiring, coaching and mentoring your direct reports.
You will be working in an Agile environment, our features go through continuous integration and constantly testing these with our users. Features are not the only thing we change, we are constantly optimising our own technology stacks, seeking optimum performance and continually improving.
- Coaching mentoring and line management responsibilities of 3-5 engineers in the same skilled discipline as yourself
- Excellent collaboration and communication towards peers and senior business leaders.
- A proven track record of delivering high performant, responsive websites with accessibility and performance at the heart of your technical decisions.
- Demonstrate a high proficiency in using web testing frameworks such as Jasmine and Jest
- Comfortable providing and receiving constructive criticism while participating in code reviews
- Understanding of the production process and the ability to communicate effectively with other disciplines.
- Experience designing modular, clean and maintainable applications.Show us your github repo, side projects open source repositories that you have contributed to. We want people with experience who are still committed to learning and moving things forward.
- Detail oriented and the ability to work systematically whilst driving innovation on our platform.
- Strategic mind-set and approach to collaborate and work in cross functional teams
- Sound communication skills as well as being a great teammate with a positive outlook.
- React + Redux / Flux
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous web performance optimisation