This job offer is expired
Are you passionate about software development? Do you believe in making a difference? We have a challenging role within our highly skilled team! Then come work for the number one online travel agency of the Benelux: Otravo.
Otravo stands for Online Travel Organization and is market leader in the Benelux and Scandinavia of (online) air travel sales. Otravo is the parent company of several well-known travel brands like Vliegtickets.nl, Vliegtickets.be, WTC.nl, Schipholtickets.nl, Flygstolen, Tripmonster and De Vakantiediscounter. Every day over a 100.000 visitors are welcomed to our websites and since 1983 millions of people have traveled through our brands.
What are you going to do?
Because we build all our systems in-house with our own integrated development teams, we could really use your knowledge and skills, helping us raise conversion and provide an accessible mobile-first experience to our clients.
Our flagship website www.vakantiediscounter.nl is stepping up to become a fully responsive state-of-the art customer experience for booking a holiday online. We want you to be part of this journey. Your HTML and CSS work is of great importance to allow for smooth product delivery. You will join us at our beautifully situated office in the center of Amsterdam and work in a real Agile environment together with highly motivated colleagues.
- ClojureScript with Reagent framework for powering our website;
- A/B experiments, for sensible decision making.
- Clojure / Scala with our REST APIs
You will be pairing to write lots of (clean) code that goes to production continuously and will be spending Â± 10% on private projects to find the next big thing
You will be part of the product team working closely together with the developers on HTML and CSS, and bridging the gap between the prototype/designs and our cutting edge code stack that consists of React, Reagent, ClojureScript, Clojure, and Scala. The team has a great focus on learning, and 10 percent of our time is spent in private projects to find the next big thing. You can be one of the developers in this international team that works closely together with all stakeholders to create value for our customers.
Skills And Qualifications
You are a good software developer (3+ years) and have solid experience creating using facing software. You are enthusiastic about functional programming and have a passion for learning and sharing your knowledge.
We consider it a plus if you have experience with:
- Big Data, Spark, Solr/ElasticSearch
- Haskell, Cats / Scalaz typed functional programming languages / libraries
- React, Play framework
- GCP, Docker or OpenStack
What do we offer?
- We are small company with good financial backgrounds which means you will get stability as in big corporations but flexibility, short decision making and degree of freedom typical to the lean startups
- Your thoughts and experience will shape our platform as our teams are leading in making technical decisions
- Every second Friday you are allowed to work on your private project or learn the technology you want – and guess what we will pay for that day too! The only one thing you should do is present to others from time to time what you have done
- A friendly atmosphere with committed people and place which supports exchange of ideas
- A learning place so you will choose trainings and gatherings you want to attend plus you may use of accounts in video trainings and buy books you want to read and improve your skills
- 24 paid holidays and 6 ATV days
- Discount on your holiday trips
- Support with relocation (visa, housing, 30% tax ruling)
- Free use of company gym
Is this the job for you? Respond quickly to this vacancy! We would like to receive your motivation and CV via the application button below. Do you have questions about this vacancy? Then contact our Recruiter Charlotte Bouma firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow