← Back to all jobs
Senior/Principal Software Engineer (Front End)
This job offer is expired
In this role, you'll:
- Work as part of a cross-functional Agile team (software engineers, product managers, product designers, and test automation engineers) to understand what hospital systems need and define and create software to meet those needs.
- Spend most of your time building single-page applications in React.
- Help your team create robust software by contributing throughout the stack when needed (Flask/Python microservices, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services infrastructure).
- Mentor junior engineers, and be mentored by our Principal Engineers and Architects.
You'll be successful if:
- You have 4+ years of experience building scalable and responsive web applications with a passion for delivering a superior user experience.
- You love coding, and you crank out high-quality, easy-to-reason-about production software. You understand software design patterns, and you know why they are important.
- You are able to take uncertain requirements, ask the right questions to solidify them, and then break them down into the parts that you can build.
- You take responsibility for quality. You always write comprehensive unit and functional tests.
- You're skilled at communicating your thoughts and designs to your teammates, and you're good at giving constructive criticism.
- You function best as part of a team and you are passionate about teaching and learning.
You'll be amazing if you are all of the above, plus:
- You are familiar with Python and using Flask to build microservices.
- You are experienced in working as part of an Agile/Scrum team and in a DevOps culture.
- You understand authentication/authorization, and have secured your applications using OAuth and JSON Web Tokens.
- You are comfortable using Amazon Web Service components (e.g., EC2, S3, EMR, ELB, Lambda) to build scalable, resilient solutions.
- You believe continuous integration and monitoring is important, and have familiarity with tools such as Jenkins, NewRelic, and Sentry.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow
Similar job offers in your area
Software Engineer III - Cesium.js Developer Charles River Analytics IncCambridge, MA, USJuly 10
Front End Software Engineer ComcastCambridge, MA, USJuly 07
M&Senior Full-stack Engineer MGH & BWH Center for Clinical Data ScienceBoston, MA, USJune 16
Sr Software Engineer, Front End - T-Mobile H&E T-Mobile USABoston, MA, USJune 04
VLDeveloper Consultant Vermonster LLCBoston, MA, USJune 01