Senior Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
Eedi is removing the guesswork...
Eedi is removing the guesswork from education by providing the right information, right when teachers, learners, parents and publishers need it. We're ambitious but humble - education is notoriously conservative, so we listen to our users - and that more than anything we believe that our solutions should be accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Despite a tough environment we've grown quickly:
- 100M data points
- 9,000+ schools
- 750,000+ students
- 103 countries worldwide
If you want a challenge and the feeling of fulfilment at the end of everyday, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity?
Eedi is an incredibly rare opportunity to join a company that is still small but on its way to something much bigger, with a meaningful transformative mission, where you would work closely with the product and engineering team. The team is already doing a lot of great things, but we still have our best work in front of us. This is more than a technical role, you'll be a creative product and technical contributor. You'll use your experience to inform our engineering process and decisions when building new features and ensuring scalability and availability of the entire platform.
What will I be doing?
- Collaborate with Experience Designers to iterate on the design and implementation of our product
- Work with Data Scientists and Backend Engineers to build features and ship experiments
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- Find and address performance issues
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- 30 days holiday and a week off over Christmas
- Flexible working so you can avoid the rush hour or work from home or elsewhere
- Open source community involvement (8 hours per month to give back to the React community)
- Peace of mind with life assurance, income protection and generous pension contributions
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones