Front-End Software Engineer (React)
This job offer is expired
What you’ll do:
We are adding new squads to our in-house engineering capability in the Bet-Customer Tribe, and we are looking to hire a top quality, enthusiastic engineers from a relevant background to work in our new teams.Join one of the most exciting tech teams in Leeds as a Software Engineer working with the latest technologies on the Skybet.com sports betting sides and apps.
No previous experience in sports betting? No problem – we have many experts to learn from, and the technical excellence you’ll bring is what we value. Salary and benefits packages reflect the high standard in our tech teams, with excellent training and development opportunities for all engineersYou will be self-motivated and willing to contribute to design at all levels, listening and learning from the talented people around you. We believe we have a strong culture and we want you to be a part of it
How you’ll do it:Reporting to the Lead Software Engineer, you will:
- Turn concepts and requirements into highly available web applications and systems using industry standard languages and technologies such as Node.JS, React, PHP, Mongo, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Chef and Docker.
- Implement highly modular and maintainable components across a horizontally scalable application framework designed to maximise reuse across multiple channels.
- Actively participate in application design, database design, data-flows and detailed technical design. Ensure that analysis includes the wider view of technical and business impact.
- Deliver software solutions to specification and on-schedule that are fit for purpose.
- Work with Product Owners to propose, analyse and negotiate business requirements, and translate them into technical requirements.
- Participate in the definition of scope of projects and estimates of timescales for development and maintenance work.
- Analyse functional and non-functional requirements to determine impact on technical systems.
- Balance the commercial needs of the business against the ideal technical design, proposing sound phased or tactical implementations where appropriate.
- Produce accurate and unambiguous functional and technical documentation of products, systems and services prior to and during development.
- Proactively suggest ways to improve the quality of software releases. Work with the squad to ensure that development follows an agreed delivery model. Ensure that updates are accurate and reflect known risks/issues to enable progress to be properly reported.
- Actively support the implementation of continuous integration to enhance deployment processes in line with SB&G delivery/release evolution plans
- Our engineers work closely with colleagues in all positions, so a good level of interpersonal skill is important to us
- We are not building a monolithic Enterprise app - think micro-services and a lean approach with quick running tests and deployment. This should be something you’re passionate about too
- You will need to demonstrate good levels of skills in relevant web technologies
- We expect candidates to be comfortable working in a Linux environment
- We value previous experience developing for high-demand & high-availability environments
- Our ‘10% time’ policy means Friday afternoons are your time to remain at the top of your game
A thoroughbred Tribe with speed, agility, and chess-like strategy at our core, we design, develop, test and maintain skybet.com. We also run Super 6 and the Fantasy Football league for Sky Sports.Pushing new tech to its limits, we deliver resilient, scalable, high performing systems. And own the development process from automated infrastructure build and code release toolchains to monitoring performance metrics in real-time.
Join our Tribe in Leeds and you’ll work with the best digital minds. You’ll create innovative products and applications. And you’ll develop systems and software that can handle the biggest of challenges - like 11m financial transactions every Saturday afternoon.Why not have a look at the Bet tribe video: http://bit.ly/2o4Lt9Z
What we can offer you…This is a chance to join one of the highest-performing teams in the industry. We will challenge you, support you, teach you and are keen for you to teach us.
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and keep hold of them. So, you can look forward to all of these things and more.We also offer an attractive relocation package for candidates that live outside the Yorkshire region, including those outside the UK.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow