Senior React Native Engineer
This job offer is expired
Brushfire is looking for a Senior React Native Engineer (U.S. ONLY) who is
- driven to create captivating and interactive mobile experiences;
- skilled in layout and has an eye for attention to detail,
- familiar with native application development patterns and practices,
- experienced in building published, high quality native iOS and Android applications,
- stimulated by collaborating with a team to define, design and ship new features.
- excited to work for our primarily Christian church/ministry customers.
Your primary task will be to utilize your design knowledge/problem-solving skills to work alongside our full stack developers as we create a new platform for a new mobile app. You should be on the cutting edge of emerging standards, technologies, and tools to develop engaging and highly functional mobile applications. Ultimately, we want someone who will take pride in learning quickly and contributing fully to create an experience our users will love. If that sounds like you, then you sound like us!
We value your time and efforts, so compensation is commensurate with experience and includes benefits. We thrive in a completely remote work environment -- with no central office -- where people learn and grow with the company. We are collaborative, creative, and innovative, with each person expected to contribute to meaningful outcomes.
Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the US. Though we are remote, applicants closer to our team in Fort Worth, Texas will be shown preference.
Skills & Requirements
Things you'll be doing:
- Program quality and complete cross-platform iOS/Android apps using React Native
- Help steer the team to avoid common pitfalls in this emerging language/ecosystem
- Collaborate closely with other developers and graphic designers
- Provide quality control over in both code and visual concepts/designs.
Things you really need to have:
- One or more years of experience coding cross platform mobile applications using React Native.
- AT LEAST ONE app published in both App Stores that was written using React Native.
- Familiarity with consuming HTTP Web API's.
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems.
- Ability to communicate fluently, pleasantly, and effectively—both orally and in writing, in the English language—with customers and co-workers.
- Passion, integrity, and energy
Things we think are cool for you to have, but aren't deal breakers:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with graphics design programs (Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Experience with wireframing/mockup tools (InVision/Sketch)
- Experience with native mobile development.
- Experience with back-end, server-side MVC architecture.
- Familiarity with relational database (SQL) design and/or non-structured persistent data stores (NoSQL)
- Demonstrable experience on past projects (via Github, BitBucket, Google Code, etc). A candidate with an active commit history at a site like these will be favored over a candidate without similar history.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow