Web Development Instructor - Columbia University - Engineering (Part-Time)
This job offer is expired
Are you an experienced web developer who is passionate about education and making an impact? Do you love empowering others to find life-changing opportunities? Then this may be the position for you!
At Trilogy Education Services, we create innovative programs to train new audiences for careers in the digital economy. Our web development program has been in existence since October 2015, and since that first class, we've launched an additional 185 classes across the nation. We have hired more than 500 Instructors and Teaching Assistants to support our students, and along the way, we have never changed our model for the experiences that define a successful Instructor:
- Coaching a little league
- Volunteering (for literally anything)
- Meetups (running your own or attending one)
- Publishing an article
- Conducting guitar lessons (or any instrument)
- Theater Experience
- Stand-up Comedy
You'll notice above that prior teaching experience isn't a prerequisite for success as an Instructor. If you bring knowledge, strong communication, and a positive energy to the classroom, you're going to help students along their transformative path from beginners to junior developers.
We'll provide the guidance, training, lesson plans, and tools to support you on your journey of impacting lives in the classroom.
Check out the program details here.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 5 years of web development experience (recommended)
- Master's Degree
What You Will Do:
- Follow detailed lesson plans that are taught in classrooms across the country
- Support students individually as they go through an emotional roller coaster
- Infuse empathy, support, and encouragement into all educational materials you create
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow