Frontend Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
Next generation digital start-up and influencer marketing company, Vamp, is seeking a Frontend Software Engineer for our passionate, enthusiastic and rapidly growing team.
Vamp connects brands with influential content creators who are passionate about their products to provide authentic, lifestyle-based product placement in social media.
We combine great technology with a full-service influencer marketing agency approach and an unrivalled creator network, to help our clients’ advertising strategies reach their greatest potential. Our tech platform is designed to make the campaign process seamless for both client and talent. We are evolving our unique platform every day to be as nimble and flexible with global scalability and to be platform agnostic.
Why Work for Vamp?
- The top bosses are passionate about the company’s vision, but how we get there technologically speaking, well that's your turf.
- Work in a fun culture and supportive team environment; Past team events have included rock climbing, design-your-own-burger, trampolining dodgeball, and puzzle rooms. And we have a resident ping pong tally, just waiting to be challenged.
- Be a part of an ever-expanding international company, currently operating in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, UAE and London.
- Above all, you get to build and be part of software that gets used by thousands of people, soon to be growing to hundreds of thousands of people.
About the Role
As a Frontend Developer at Vamp, reporting into the Technical Director, you’ll be:
- Delivering frontend web application modules based on user stories and UX/UI designs
- Developing React/ HTML/ CSS in an Agile team environment
- Ensuring code meets quality and security requirements
- Collaborating with UX/UI specialist on design for screens and components
Required Technical Skills
To be able to get your hands dirty from day one, and undertake your day-to-day tasks and duties at Vamp, you will need to possess at a minimum the following technical know-how:
- Good understanding of HTML and CSS
- Passion for UI design and development
- Curious and enthusiastic, with wide-ranging technology interests
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol - previous experience of consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience of developing within an Agile environment
We operate as autonomous multi-disciplined squads in each of our 4 major projects: API, mobile, dashboard and analytics. Each team decides for itself what tools and languages to use, and decisions are made as a team.
Development Team Culture
Will our team culture fit you? Will we provide you with a ground for growth, challenge, and satisfaction? Let's find out:
- Do you hate it when an API request takes more than 1 second?
- Do you measure process in microseconds rather than milliseconds?
- Do you live, breathe, and dream about building better and faster API in your sleep?
- Do you get excited when you see performance issues with your head racing to come up with brilliant optimisation tricks?
- Do you take ownership of the team's work even though you were not involved in its initial creation?
- Do you welcome changes without getting defensive on the time and effort already spent on a piece of work?
- Do you like to focus more on getting the job done than the politics involved in getting a job done?
- Do you see status quo as a threat to staying relevant rather than keeping safe?
- Do you see a new experimental technology as a "let's assess this" opportunity rather than as a "stay away, too early" can of worms?
If you answer 'yes' to most of these questions then we'd be thrilled to meet you.
Show us what you’ve got and apply now. We are excited to grow our team and to have you in it as part of our journey.